KiteLife Forum

Waited years for this one !

RobB

This is one of those kites that you wait for years to find one available... I've been hoping to find one of these for sale for over 5 years, but the chances were slim, since there were only 6 of them made.

WidowMakerSpider.jpg

It's a Widow Maker (electric) 'Spider'... Other than it's appearance, the only difference between this one and a regular Widow Maker is the Turbo bridle. I haven't flown it enough to determine whether or not that's a plus or minus. I flew it a little today in not the best wind (offshore) and stormy. I can say that it is REALLY precise, and could side slide easily ALL the way across the window.

Can't wait for some good wind to give this kite a real test drive, but it sure was pretty in the sun ! Just to make it a little better, Skyburner used Prismatex for the mylar reinforcement points !

• Like 8

Kinda like the Vapor, only that Prism made probably a few hundred Vapors. Have you ever seen the Rainbow Vapor ? I think there were 3 white ones, and 3 black ones. Another kite that I've been waiting even longer to get my hands on ! I am not holding my breath...

Oh whoa, it has spiderweb stitching too. Didn't notice until I clicked on the picture for the full res image because I saw something that looked like signatures and wanted a better look. The signature in silver is obviously Jon T. Who are the other two (or three)?

I'm not sure whose the others are. I will guess Wayne Brunjes and maybe the people from Heads Up Kites, Pam Kirk and Mike Dennis. I'll have to check the next time it's out. The really cool thing about the spider-web stitching is that it's done in a silver thread, and sparkles in the sun, like a wet spider web. The kite bag also has the spider web stitching.

• Like 1