KiteLife Forum

KAP'n at Captree...

I put together a 'KAP kit in a bag' recently. Everything I need is in a backpack... the kite, 300' of 300# line, sand anchor, GoPro Kap Rig, gloves, and tie-off strap. I was passing a location I thought would be interesting on the way home from work, so decided to give it a go for 15 minutes...

Kap kit & car used as a tie-off...

IMG_5921.jpg

View looking up at the kite & rig...

IMG_5917.jpg

Kite's view looking back at me...

G0020599.jpg

A little higher up...

G0020714.jpg

And some hi-res shots...

G0020633.jpg

G0020706.jpg

Party Boats coming back in with the day's catch...

IMG_5933.jpg

• Like 3

Yes you do... ;)

How do you like kap from a sled rob? I have always been leary of it collapsing. ..tend to lean towards the framed kites gliding ability in those situations...not that they don't ever crash that is.

I have a kap bag also ..minus the anchors. I made a belt type attachment around the waist with some attachment points. Allows me to be mobile and have both hands free when needed. On high pull days it serves as a belay? (Don't know if that is spelled correct...or even the right term)devicepost-7551-0-66714000-1406751445_thumb.jp

The Power Sleds are very stable, never had one collapse. If anything I can fault them for, they pull really hard. If I tied one to my belt, I'd be singing soprano ! :cat_lol:

I only KAP in stronger winds, like 8mph to 20mph. Even though I'm only using a GoPro, I'd hate to risk damaging it. The Gomberg sand anchors are cheap, or if you can sew, they look really easy to make. I've even used canvas 'green' grocery bags, and cheap duffle bags. The first two pack small, and the duffle can hold your stuff once you dump the sand out.

• 3 weeks later...