KiteLife Forum

Old timer just found this place...... Hope to find answers to my questions

ClassiCut

The Transformer II is a sweet looking kite. What version is it.

Lam is always great to talk to . I'm the opposite of Rob, enjoy my Tekkens (SUL & 3.5) more that the Fearless. Also have the ATM UL and saving up funds for a Transformer in the near future.

The Widowmaker UL is the easiest UL to fly in my experience. Sail load up well and lots of feedback. The shadow is another low wind option. Flys in lower winds and has a low cost. Not a beginners kite but very capable in skilled hands.

If that's the Transformer SUL, you don't need that kind of wind to enjoy it. That flag could be almost flat, and you's still be able to fly, no problem ! All you need is a hint of a breeze, and you should have no problem getting it off the ground. I will take higher winds, but it'll be really fast. Lam rates my Fearless SUL to winds over 15mph. Not that I's ever fly it in winds over 5mph... just sayin' !

• 2 weeks later...

Just replying to an enjoyable read. I am pretty much a beginner and do not have your quiver of kites. Oregon Coast goes from 0 to 40 so I usually need 3 kites when I go to the beach. SOKF and John B got us hooked so we outfitted 8 fliers. Not the same caliber of kites you have and have built but got us in the air. I watched Lam fly at SOKF and one of his creations doing amazing things in crescent city that really made me want one. Economic reality - buy materials and build quality fliers for the whole family, or buy one Lam and afraid of breaking it.

I say get the one that makes your heart race and wear it out. It makes a difference when you have confidence in your ride. (Sorry for the hijack)

• Like 1