KiteLife Forum

Winging it on the Plains / Western Kansas

mywindstuff

MyWindStuff will be hosting the 2nd annual Winging it on the Plains Kite Fest in Colby Kansas stsarting at 11am and running until dark, at the Colby High School at 1890 South Franklin Ave. Colby ks 67701 ,just north of the Walmart and easily visible from interstate 70. This is a one day event on Saturday Sept 13th with a tentative rain/no wind date on Sunday the 14th. This is a FREE event for all! Plenty of room for large kites and seperate fields for dual and quad line kites . Vendors will be on site for kite sales , food and drinks !

post-8205-0-62457400-1408508471_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

May the cool breeze be with you. I have been in Colby a few times as my mom lived there a while. Never thought there would be a kite festival in that neck of the woods....oops plains. Good on you. If it was 1300 miles closer I would be there. Have a great time.

T

May the cool breeze be with you. I have been in Colby a few times as my mom lived there a while. Never thought there would be a kite festival in that neck of the woods....oops plains. Good on you. If it was 1300 miles closer I would be there. Have a great time.

T

Thanks. My oldest daughter lives here and thought this would be a good stop to host a kite festival. Last year was a huge success on a short notice. But once we put up the Rieleit everyone in town knows the kite fest is on. We try and promote these small Midwest towns as for most, kiting is forgotten here ,unlike the coastal states. We have reintroduced thousands back into modern kiting of today , as opposed to maybe a not as good experience as a child. (All that running). Thanks again.

Getting the fields ready for tomorrow s (winging it on the plains) Colby ks. Kite festival. Although the temps today are only in the 50's , tomorrow is calling for 68 and southernly wind at 10 to 12 mph , not including gusts. We will probably roll this event into Sunday and make it a two day event as Sunday is to be in the upper 70's. And we have the grounds secured for the whole weekend. From here we go to Plano Tx. For the Plano balloon fest , and plan on watching the TKO Team work their magic on the lines. Thanks for all the support!

• Like 1