KiteLife Forum

Casual Clinic - Schaumburg IL (Sep 20-21, 2014)

John Barresi

10a-4pm at Busse Woods / Rolling Meadows

No official format or organization, just show up and enjoy, ask questions, get a bit of coaching and have fun - **donations are welcome to help us with travel expenses**, but only if you feel like you leave with something of value to you! ;)

An informal gathering for fun and shared learning, we'll be having fun, expanding our skills on both dual and quad line kites.

The primary focus of this gathering is good times and good flying - be sure to read more about Busse Woods / Rolling Meadows.

http://fpdcc.com/busse-woods/

You can also call me directly via 503-890-0290 on the event day to find out where we may be flying if plans have changed for any reason.

The entrance to Busse Woods / Ned Brown Preserve is actually in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, south side of Golf Rd (rte 58), just east of 290/53, just a stone's throw from Woodfield Shopping Mall.

More Info - https://www.facebook.com/events/531021227043805/

• Like 1

I planned to attend the casual clinic in Cleveland last Sunday but blew it off when I saw the wind forecast (calm). From TK's photos here, it appears some people got some stuff in the air for at least part of the day, but it wasn't worth the risk of a four-hour drive (each way) for me.

My back-up plan was to come to Schaumburg this weekend, but ...

• Monday, we bought a house across town from our current home.
  • We have a lot to do over the next 45 days to prepare for the move and sale of our existing house.
  • I'm still planning to spend the entire 9/27 - 9/28 weekend at the IKE retreat in Northwestern Indiana.

So, I can't really afford to take a full day this weekend to drive four hours to Busse Woods, play all day and then drive four hours home.

John and TK, I'm really sorry I'll miss the chance to see you both in person during your pass through the Midwest. I'd been looking forward to it. My brother lives north of Seattle, so perhaps I'll make it out your way sometime to visit him and we can do some flying together then. Have a fun and safe trip west!

Too bad Jay. We'll see you next week.

Bringing one of my teenage boys with me. Probably be some rain and plenty of wind tomorrow. See you guys when you get there..

Makatakam, where's the best place to fly there? it's a big park.

Too bad Jay. We'll see you next week.

Bringing one of my teenage boys with me. Probably be some rain and plenty of wind tomorrow. See you guys when you get there..

Makatakam, where's the best place to fly there? it's a big park.

Not sure if Mark will respond so... The entrance off of Golf Road gets you to an area where we've flown that is basically south of the two forest preserve roads.

See you there.

Bill

I hit the hay early last night.

Todd, the entrance is on the south side of Golf Road (rte 58) about a 1/4 mile east of rte 290/53. There is a stoplight at the intersection/entrance. Flying field is dead ahead as you roll in. You absolutely cannot miss it, it's really big. Get off of 290/53 at Higgins from either direction. Take the frontage road north to Golf. Make a right and another at the light.

Sorry you can't make it Jay -- I'll see you next week at the IKE retreat, Indiana Dunes State Park.

• Like 1