KiteLife Forum

Whats your favourite video to introduce the dark side?

Gu1234

River Play has always been my favorite solo kite video to show off!

And for team flying, I typically will ask someone to choose between the songs 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and 'Raiders March'... then entertain them accordingly.

And last but not least, you gotta let them hear the calling.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm really honored and happy to see a few of the videos I've been involved with on this list. :)

Flying makes me feel good... Deeply, madly, with a myriad of different feelings and internal rhythms - the videos I make very much represent how I felt during each session, glad y'all could feel it, glad to share something amazing (kiting).

Fly like you feel, honest and "naked", something I'm trying to incorporate into my daily life as well.

Love and flight to all! ;)

• Like 5

It is very interesting to review these videos. After two years of flying quad I can appreciate the skill exhibited even more. They inspire me to try harder & attempt more. Early on flight seemed almost hopeless. As time went on confidence grew. While my efforts still seem feeble, I can at least attempt flying in more difficult conditions. Last night I launched the 1.5 B off a sand volleyball court, crossed the dunes walking & flying, finally getting to the dark beach. Flew in gusty winds with temperatures in the thirties for an hour & crossed back over the dunes. Wanted to fly on a road parallel to the beach for a bit but would have to maneuver through a line of palm trees. On 65' lines I flew up over the trees & walked through. Turned the kite to cross above & caught the lines in a tree top. Kite crashed on the far side as I ran toward the tree. Got lucky. Loosened the lines from the kite, went back to the handles & pulled the lines through the top of the tree. Lessons I have learned from the Masters on KiteLife came into play. I have many favorite videos. Still here watching, rock on, rock on. SHBKF

• Like 3

Palm trees are the worst, very sticky - nice work. :)

That's why I fly in the Midwest -- no palm trees.

First time watching the Goal Study video. Needs editing badly. I would definitely cut out the two or three times adjusting the buds. That should get it down under 14 minutes. The rest I would leave as it is.

Truly awesome. :ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::rockon:

Well, that was my second time watching "Goal Study'. Truly awesome... that gave me a lot of ideas to work with. I do wonder if the same music was playing on those troublesome earbuds/// The flying goes really well to the music. Now I have to go out and find a goal to play with... one that doesn't have a net in it !

• Like 1

Well, that was my second time watching "Goal Study'. Truly awesome... that gave me a lot of ideas to work with. I do wonder if the same music was playing on those troublesome earbuds/// The flying goes really well to the music. Now I have to go out and find a goal to play with... one that doesn't have a net in it !

:)

Pretty sure it wasn't the same tunes, can't remember what it was though... Probably shuffle on one of my Spotify lists.

First time watching the Goal Study video. Needs editing badly. I would definitely cut out the two or three times adjusting the buds. That should get it down under 14 minutes. The rest I would leave as it is.

Truly awesome. :ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::ani_notworthy::rockon:

Most of my videos are heavily edited for "show", but this one was really a more vulnerable presentation - an "as it was" affair, much as I was feeling at the time. :)