KiteLife Forum

Should we move chat night?

Chat night poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which evenings are most convenient for you to be on chat?

• Mondays
    • Tuesdays
    • Wednesdays
    • Thursdays
    • Fridays
    • Saturdays
    • Sundays
    • Any day
    • It depends, hard to tell

Well, chat's been going on for more than a year here, and I'm really enjoying it.

Wednesday has been designated as "chat night" for most of that time, in an attempt to get more people in the same place at the same time so to speak for a livelier chat. However, the numbers have been dwindling lately on Wednesday nights. I know there are a number of you who still frequent chat; I've chatted with you recently. Are Wednesdays no longer the best day for "chat night"? Is it time for a change? We're no longer getting anywhere near the chat record of 15 people on at the same time.

For example, it's Wednesday today, and there are only 2 of us in chat, whereas yesterday there were at least 9 over the course of the evening with 5 in the room at the same time.

So, should we move "chat night"? And to what day of the week? Or possibly get rid of a designated "chat night" altogether because it's too hard to predict when people are likely to be on and chatty? Fill out the poll, and feel free to discuss. :)

• Like 3

I too really enjoy chat. Anytime the "chat badge" lights up I try to join in. It gives me a further connection to the fine folks on KiteLife making it all more enriching for me. As a solo flier I can really appreciate hearing more about kites plus the personal touch that real time chat adds. I have even made some kite deals on chat that have brought more kites into my little collection. It was on my mind early this morning & I checked just to see if anyone was on. I typically look at the bottom of the community index and/or the users list to see who is on the forum hoping they might chat with me if I enter the chat room. I will try to be in the chat room more often when I am checking the forum. I may be slow to respond if reading something else so give me a few minutes to check back. So if you see the chat badge lit or notice anyone in the chat room on the list, please take a moment to say hello. We want to hear from all of you. Thanks, SHBKF

• Like 3

I had been more active in chat when, as a new dual-line and quad-line flyer, I had more questions. Now I feel that I don't have much to contribute and most of my newbie questions have been answered. Plus I'm a slow, inaccurate typist. But almost any evening is possible for me. Although I usually have only a short window of opportunity. However, I'll try to sneak in more often. If only for a minute to say hello.

Bill

• Like 4

I love the chat too, but am terribly flaky about multi-tasking while I'm on there and sometimes go into perma-lurk (sorry). :bag:

SQUIRREL!!!!!

No day preference for me due to having almost ZERO schedule in my life, but I DO very strongly feel that setting a "focus" chat night helps pool folks in, and especially, gives better odds for newbies to connect with others in real time.

My instinct says go with Tuesday or leave it on Wednesday, it's the "back to work" relief. lol

• Like 2

When I have time to sit down for a few minutes, I click into chat, even if no one is there. It usually doesn't take long for the 'doorbell' to ring. I can't say any night is better than another, as my schedule is so random. Usually after cleaning up from dinner, getting the homework done, and getting the kids to bed, I'm too tired to spend much time on the computer.

• Like 2

OK, I'm probably somewhat responsible for this "Wednesday Nite Chat Nite" thing, since I started the topic, and I actively prodded it along, for weeks.. I was simply trying to find a time that might just be a mid-week, perk-up, for everyone..........Hump Day, and all that.. Yes, even though I haven't been there on a regular basis, lately, I have indeed taken a look, and yes, I have noticed that "Chat Nite" attendance, has dwindled. Crap, I don't know why, either. But if another day fits everyone better - have at it. I'm in.

Merry Christmas to all..............reef runner

ps..............Oh, and Joanna, thanks for bringing this up. At least someone is trying to carry the torch !

• Like 3

So....Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are both Wednesdays. How about we shoot for Tuesday those weeks, and keep the regular "chat night" on Weds for now? Or too confusing? Well, some of us are on whenever we feel like it anyway, so just hop in whenever. :)