KiteLife Forum

2015 NW Casual Clinic | Feb 21, 2015

Tristan

Hi folks,

Ramping up for the new year, JB and I are tentatively planning a casual clinic (any type of sport kiting) after we return from India.

Scheduled date is February 21st, most likely at Kite Henge (near Tacoma WA), and there may be opportunities for private lessons with either JB or I on Sunday if anyone is interested.

As always, a casual clinic has no fixed registration fee... Its an open format with no class structure, fliers are encouraged to attend and pick our brains for any type of sport kiting information or skills they may wish to learn - tips are encouraged to defray expenses, but only whatever you feel the instruction and information was worth to you - the whole idea of a casual clinic is making instruction accessible and affordable to any flier.

post-1-0-19025100-1418861116_thumb.jpg

Please fill out the survey below if interested in attending, it'll give us an idea of how many people we might expect, what topics are most popular and give us a way to reach you with news as it develops.

http://www.officialtristanunderwood.com/education.html

Hope to see you there!

Edited by John Barresi
Date confirmed and updated.
  • Like 8

Hi Guys.

Awsome to help flyers out.

As a new flyer. It means sooo much to have help to make a very challenging serious sport extremely fun...

Sometimes its just a word or a little demo and its on.

Lovin it

m

It will be great to meet you M. ;)
  • Like 1

Stoked! :)

We'll be as we are, kite fliers, and circulate around the field through the day as we work with each flier one on one, and if there is enough interest in basic team flying we can do 2-3 fliers at a time, easy and fun!

Wind is what it is... With most types of kites, there are a lot of essential and very doable adjustments that can extend our fun wind range both higher and lower than before.

It may be to your benefit to have a 3-4 things / goals clearly in mind, always easier to share knowledge when it's being tugged on. <grin>

Did I say I'm stoked??? :D

• Like 3

I'm really looking forward to this too! I still haven't really had a chance to fly with many others as I'm still fairly new. Let alone take workshops from fliers who have inspired me. Once the date is announced I will definitely make it a priority to be there. Super excited and happy travels guys! :blue_smile:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Stoked! :)

We'll be as we are, kite fliers, and circulate around the field through the day as we work with each flier one on one, and if there is enough interest in basic team flying we can do 2-3 fliers at a time, easy and fun!

Wind is what it is... With most types of kites, there are a lot of essential and very doable adjustments that can extend our fun wind range both higher and lower than before.

It may be to your benefit to have a 3-4 things / goals clearly in mind, always easier to share knowledge when it's being tugged on. <grin>

Did I say I'm stoked??? :D

Hey John, is this clinic literally for anyone? Or is it more geared toward a certain skill level?

Terry mentioned that I should get some time on a dual line... so perhaps this would be a good opportunity for that...

• Like 1

Literally open to anyone, any dual or quad line topic, any skill level. ;)

Looks like we may have anywhere between 15-20 people during the course of the day with two instructors on rotation.

Reminder to all, come prepared with some items you're most interested in and we'll try to knock down 2-3 at a time as we make our rounds.

Engage us, and we can engage you. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A BIG thanks to JB for this Casual Clinic!

It turned into a nice day with some new flyers there as well as folks we had met on other occasions and friends. It's good to get 'pushed' past your comfort zone and get advice from folks at the top of the Kite community.

Watty joined in the Reindeer Games as well!

Kind of scary (I think this was a fiendish plan hatched by Mike!) to find us flying with JB one minute and in a 6 pack sandwiched between two legends, JB and Watty, the next. It was fun until fate (or Darwin) stepped in and a broken line ended my short time flying with the greats. Likely more Dawin than fate! Karen flew a bit more as a 5 pack. After her "fire drill" exit the real show began with JB, Watty, ( I could be wrong, but I think they may have flown together once or twice?!!!!!!!) Eric and Mike. Yup, those guys REALLY know how to fly!!!!!!!!!!!

Big fun, now need to work on those compulsories!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Aye, superb turn out and pretty decent wind all thing a considered - really stoked to see so many folks on the field, just sorry I couldn't work my way through the field fast enough to get decent time with everyone, the original plan was to have two instructors on the field... I felt really bad, as I know there are at least 3 or 4 people that I didn't get to chat or work with for more than a minute - you have my deepest apologies, please don't hesitate to connect with me another time, you do have my interest.