KiteLife Forum

New food addition...

John Barresi

Question

Hi all, since kiting is an inherently healthy activity, I figured I'd make a new forum section waaaaaay down at the bottom here where folks can add tips or discuss any non-kiting lifestyle stuff that has been useful to them, but if this stuff isn't your thing, just fly on. ;)

What motivated me today, was the addition of a homemade raw smoothie to my day - delicious and it gave me a buzz! lol

post-1-0-68800800-1420389931_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-50621800-1420389758_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-08831000-1420389949_thumb.jpg

First run, just followed my instinct:

• 4 full Italian kale leaves
  • 1/8 tsp grated raw ginger
  • 2 caps raw food vitamin
  • 1-1/2 cup berry mix
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/3 cup water

All organic, non-GMO and raw ingredients, filtered water - seriously yummy!

Will try adding a bit of chia seed and walnuts next time. :)

• Like 3

10 answers to this question

Rob,

If you have the means and if available over that a way, check out one of three machines:

Vitamix, Blend-Tec, or Ninja has a bad ass blender the Ninja Ultima Blender Plus at half the cost of the other two. I am not familiar with the Ninja.

The Vitamix and Blen-Tec will do anything you need a blender to do and more. They make hot soup, they make ice cream, make flour out of grains, and on and on and on. The benefit of power blenders for smoothies is that the smoothies have an even consistency and less ingredient prep is needed. I can throw in whole chunks of ginger which would tear up a normal blender. You don't need to cut up the pieces of fruits and veggies as small.

• Like 1

OK folks, I'm really into this subject than this topic really started as!

But in all and all mush is mush.

And health is health.

Personally, I really love sharing food ideas, after all, how many of us ain't into eating now and then?

• Like 1