KiteLife Forum

What's your next kite?

bookboy

JB, why are you humping a black and red full vent B in your new avatar?

Getting a little extra Barressence in the sail before a clinic, I go the extra mile to give my students every possible advantage. ;)

John, that's about the only thing you didn't try on that dual-line stack at Busse Woods!

• Like 1

My next kite was going to be a SUL/UL dual line. Just came across good deal on a Cavalier du Ciel STX 2.1 UL, a Skyburner Nik Nak and a Gomberg 7 foot ghost delta. So not sure what's going to be next. REALLY wanted a new Rev they had there....

There's always next time!

• Like 1

So a little over three weeks ago I was waiting on the vented B. It arrived & already has it's own story to tell. Mentioned the next might be a Pro Dancer SUL & now I just love the one I found which arrived last week. So a day or two later I was thinking, what kite would I really like after the latest arrivals. Next day I called up Kites & Fun Things to see if there were any Solus EC kites left. It's the limited run of kites with Prismatex panels. Marieanne said enough material for five more kites was available. I ordered an ultralight version for my inland mountain conditions, same colors as the promotional video. I must be dreaming. The KiteLife is a good life. Maybe I should look at single line kites next or perhaps a Shook Mesh Rev..... SHBKF

update: Looks like another 1.5 SLE Rev headed to the Dark Side of the Blue Ridge too. Rev "Number 13" will be it's name. It will match Number 1 & be the beginning of a stacked set. If you begin naming your kites, you might be a kite nut.

http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/6407-you-might-be-a-kite-nut/

• Like 5

Seven SUL from Sport Kite Design. It will be a colour match to my Seven Standard. I should have it in time for the gentle winter breezes.

Then, I'm waiting on the development of the Vented version for Spring/Summer.

How are you enjoying the "B"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make that the Seven SUL and a VTD...

Couldn't resist.

• Like 2

So now you have the whole set? Very cool! I've been looking closely at those. Seems like a very capable, very modern kite.

Not quite a whole set, missing the UL...

Capable of more than I but working on that. I really like the feel of a full size kite. Solid. Great looker too!

I've got Lam's new GPS on the way, should be here next week. When the dust settles from that, I may look at the Seven. The sail panels are so beautiful. Gotta admit, for me looks are really important. I mean, you stare at the thing for hours. It has to be visually appealing......

• Like 1

Finally got to fly and take a couple of photos of the new Rainbow Radical Spiro which is wearing the French Bridle I got from the folks at Flying Smiles over winter. Jury still out on the Frenchie.

post-7138-0-26820300-1428079445_thumb.jp

Also took a photo of the B-Pro midvent from my set.

post-7138-0-63869100-1428079584_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I was looking at a Skydog Little Dreamer to train with my Dream On. And also considering a Kites Unlimited Custom Vented Rev. Well, the Easter bunny delivered the vented Rev this morning. Signed and numbered. I like it that both my Kites Unlimited Custom Revs are #3s. Happy coincidence.

• Like 2

My new Sky Sport GPS by Lam just showed up today. it is soooo beautiful. Lam does incredible work. I won't get a chance to fly it until the weekend but I am so excited!!!!!!!

Pictures, please, when you get a chance.

• Like 1

left town this morning on business. I'll get some shots this weekend. The sewing and attention to detail, plus the extra framing I got, as well as the new skyclaws, this is gonna be one sweet ride :matrix: He has covered pockets sewn into the sail to cover and smooth every possible snag. When I ordered it, he talked to me for a half hour on the phone, determining my local wind conditions and flying style. Then he configured it with a custom frame to meet my needs as well as 3 pt and 5 pt lower spreaders for different winds. I'm so happy with how I was treated in this purchase. A custom kite like this costs, and this is my first, But the satisfaction I already have just from how it was all handled has made it well worth it.

• Like 1