SparkieRob

Seven

27 posts in this topic

The Seven, mine is a Standard, is a polyvalent kite designed and hand made by Jörgen Nilsson to meticulous specifications. A full size kite at 2.34m or nearly 8 feet. Current models are SUL, UL, Std and the Vtd is in the final stages of devolepment.

Here is a Vimeo clip of it being piloted by Oz's finest (not me...),

http://sportkitedesign.se

post-6827-0-68368700-1425466869_thumb.jp

post-6827-0-37577900-1425466884_thumb.jp

3 people like this

Create Custom T-Shirts

Nice Seven ! That's the video that convinced me to get a Seven. Great kite, I'm not sure why it's not more popular...

Nice Seven ! That's the video that convinced me to get a Seven. Great kite, I'm not sure why it's not more popular...

It's popularity is growing now. I don't think there was much awareness about it, or SKD for that matter. Saw yours, the green is very earthy.

Mine's not the green one... I'm not that brave ! I don't think I have any duallies with green in them... I'll have to look.

P1080711.jpg

My Seven at Liberty State Park when it was new, 2011. SKD originally made them in 2011, then took a year or two off, and thankfully started making kites again.

2 people like this

Yep, that's not a green one. I clicked on the link in your signature and I swear I saw a forrest green one!

Still a nice kite though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe my Solus is what you saw... technically it is fluorescent green, but most see it as yellow. It does have similar panels to the Seven.

So many nice kites out there tempting me....have pondered the Seven for sure.

just out there flailing, SHBKF

This kite looks really good. I've been wondering lately if some of the tougher forward rolling, Yo fade type moves would be easier on a more modern wing like this. I've got a Nirvana and a bunch of QPs. I've seen the greats do every move with them, but I find that type of rollup near impossible. Over rotated back flip rollups are no problem, but rolling the other way, ugh! The videos I've seen of the Seven make it seem super pitch friendly, yet still a great flyer in all other aspects. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Is a kite such as this a significant advance in trickability over the more famous 10 year old designs?

The Seven is certainly a more 'radical' trick kite than the QPro. The QPro is a really tough kite to fly, since it demands absolute correct inputs to get the move you want. It on the other hand is a very rewarding kite when you get the inputs right, as the tricks look amazing with it. IDK about the Nirvana, as I've never flown one of those. The Seven is pretty forgiving of less than perfect inputs, but it likes to keep moving from one trick to the next. It's not really a fly a little, trick a little, fly a little more type of kite. It approaches the 'radical' feel of a Gemini, but is a little more forgiving. Pitchy ? Big yes !

First roll up I did was with my Seven. I was practicing giving slack and gave too much!!! Claimed it though.

1 person likes this

sounds like a really cool kite! sure looks great, and that video is amazing :)

I went to their site and they have two models, a Seven 7 and a seven 5, which seems to be the latest one. Do you guys have any insights into the difference? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these...

Thanks!

Dave

Aside from colour scheme, the 7.5 has a different frame combination so you don't need as much tail weight. As I understand it.

Might be just me,but I don't like the 7.5 colour scheme anything like as much as the 7.

Ordered a Seven SUL and delivery is in the next couple of days. Hope to have a little get to know you time with it. It is in the same Pink as my Standard but the other panels are different. This reflects a difference of the models. Standard to UL to SUL shows a gradient getting lighter in the core of the sail colour.

I saw the Seven SUL a while back and lamented the fact that SKD was on a hiatus. It is a beautiful sail and I'm pretty stoked to get my hands on one.

Here is a pic of it on the table being built.

post-6827-14330831366506_thumb.jpg

7 people like this

Took my SUL out after work on Friday just gone and it was saaaa-weeeet! I'll need to adjust but it's going to be fun. post-6827-14355880064426_thumb.jpgpost-6827-14355880216443_thumb.jpg

4 people like this

Got a couple of nice pics during the summer. Looking at adding a Seven Vented now....

image.jpeg

2 people like this

Image of the Seven standard along with it's friend the Nirvana WW.  SHBKFlarge.575446405da74_NirvanaSeven.jpg

1 person likes this

Ahem....

It seems I slipped and fell into a Seven Vented! Thank you to BREXIT for the favourable exchange rate. Here's a pic of it on the table.

ImageUploadedByKiteLife®1468585112.856751.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

4 people like this

Ahem....

It seems I slipped and fell into a Seven Vented! Thank you to BREXIT for the favourable exchange rate.

Stop it! Last thing I need is to start getting into duals as well.

Jonathan

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app
1 person likes this

Your passion will evolve down its own path, don't worry.

Has anyone got a link to the Sale's side of these ?? Looking at getting into two line sports kites

Has anyone got a link to the Sale's side of these ?? Looking at getting into two line sports kites

Link to website in first post. Won't repost as not a forum sponsor.

Enjoy!!!

Edit: The WHOLE Seven range is also available as an "Eco" model. The sail is less complicated but everything else is the same.

"The item has left the country of origin"

Loved seeing that in the tracking!!!

2 people like this

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found