KiteLife Forum

Ocean Shores Dual Line Clinic (May 9-10)

John Barresi

UPDATE:

We'll initially meet just south of the Pacific Blvd beach approach (2nd down from Shilo)... Key is to get away from traffic, and to arrange vehicles / driftwood in such a way that it discourages people from driving through our kites. ;)

If you need to reach me for any reason, my cell is 503-890-0280 (call or text).

• Like 1

Best weekend of kite flying ever! I had a such and amazing time working on new skills and meeting some other flyers. Having the opportunity to try team flying was seriously awesome! I can't wait for more! Thanks again John!

• Like 3

Aye, SO much fun. :)

4ac9360343168ccc09f13f7122e84253

" data-width="500">

4ac9360343168ccc09f13f7122e84253

">

Brief video of team 101 from last weekend's dual line clinic in Ocean Shores WA... Threads with buttonhook on the edges, plus a great spin landing - nice job to both FIRST TIME team fliers!

Posted by John Barresi on Monday, May 11, 2015

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Good question - the first and main challenge is avoiding NW festival weekends, and then working around my summer travel schedule... Gone every weekend in June, two weekends in July and three weekends out of August. :)

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the only thing I can fit in-between all that and my home life is private sessions here in Portland, at least until September.

I'd hoped to dedicate more of this year to projects and clinics but the calendar filled quickly, so my plan next year is to focus more on NW and international stuff... So much on the project list, looking forward to really digging in.

• Like 2

if you schedule another for next spring I'll be the first to sign up. until then, I'll look for excuses to get to Portland. I knew the Ocean shores clinic would be fun, and that I'd learn a bunch of cool stuff. I honestly don't think I realized how much I would get out of it. 'can't wait til next time! :)

• Like 1