KiteLife Forum

Site tune up... :)

I'm hoping that as of about an hour ago, everyone finds the KiteLife home and article pages loading much, MUCH faster than they have been for the past few weeks... Tracked it down to a couple of plugins, night and day difference on this end.

Confirm, counter? :)

Not sure of the problem, that was being addressed, but faster "as compared to what" ?

The Kitelife website (as I have it bookmarked - directly to the forum new content page), loads on my (Firefox) browser in about 1 second, or less.

[ http://kitelife.com/...arch_app=forums ] (always has, and still does)

The two links addressed above, both "home" and "article", are both taking approximately 10 - 12 seconds to load completely ?

If I type [ kitelife.com ] (which I assume to be the home page) into my address bar, it takes from 10 - 13 seconds for the site to load completely, yet my bookmarked page, noted above, loads from my Bookmarks Toolbar, in 1 second, or less...........

I am using Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox 36.0.4 (both up to date)

Could someone explain what was wrong, and what John was tweeking ? I always use my bookmarked page, which has always been quick, so I'm not aware of the problem (?).

Could someone explain what was wrong, and what John was tweeking ? I always use my bookmarked page, which has always been quick, so I'm not aware of the problem (?).

Your bookmarked link looks like the forum, so no change there... The two links are to our front end pages, where we've had the developer for one of our plugins (handling ads) clean up some code... Almost everyone is reporting WAY faster loading, and no more failures.

Not sure why your load time is still so long on the home page Nick, are you on high speed Internet?

• Like 1

Your bookmarked link looks like the forum, so no change there... The two links are to our front end pages, where we've had the developer for one of our plugins (handling ads) clean up some code... Almost everyone is reporting WAY faster loading, and no more failures.

Not sure why your load time is still so long on the home page Nick, are you on high speed Internet?

Yes, I'm on high speed internet (Time Warner Cable Road Runner Turbo).

post-4670-0-91067600-1427148093_thumb.jp

Either way, I always use my bookmark, so I've never noticed the slow up, or errors. I've just got it bookmarked where I always go, so not experienced any problems here. I was just curious what was going on..........

Thanks for all you do John.........take care

• Like 1