KiteLife Forum

Anyone else seen the 4 WD kite?

Wayne Dowler

The Dbl DC is a great lifter for a few pieces of line art. It looks great with a couple of tails behind it and is really a straight up stable flier. I like to set it up when flying at smaller fields inland. I now have a Rev B-series mid vent. What a blast! JB found me at Long Beach this last weekend and swapped kites with me so he could check mine over. He made a couple of adjustments and gave me some great tips on control and technique. I have about 6 hours on the rev now and look forward to my vacation on the beach in San Diego soon. I'm packing a dually and the rev. Beer drinking? Gotta brew it before I drink it!

• Like 1

Extra verts.

Sure about that? In the back lit pix I've seen, the extra spars look bent! Come from the TE up to, it looks like just short of the top of the vertical rod. Maybe there is a fitting on the verts? Or ?? Doesn't look to be sewn pockets along the LE to accept them., or caps. Definitely a smaller diameter than the main verts, I've asked for a pic of the rear of the kite - no response yet!

http://www.andykites.com

But it's not in English...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you scroll down some, you should see an English translation. At least it was for me. Have a look!

EDIT: not on this link they haven't!

Try this one:

http://www.andykites.com/catalogo/aquiloni/4-cavi/...

Where can I see it? Post a link, please.

I posted a link on your last post!! But you need to be on FB to see it! Not savvy computer wise to do anything else - sorry!

https://www.facebook...10439404&type=1

Thanks, Wayne. Sorry, don't know how I missed it.

That's definitely a good-looking kite. I wonder if the LE is rolled back like the Rev Speed Series, because there's no LE mesh. If so, that should make it pretty quick in both forward and reverse. Looks like 2 uprights and 2 half-circle battens to me, and some venting holes on the one in the link you provided. The yellow one in the photo above definitely shows the shadow of magic sticks as well.

I contacted them about my questions and they should be sending me some pix of the back side. Be interesting to see how they have put this together!

Sorry about the hijacked thread! John: if this is a problem, can you move it to it's own topic? Thanks!

Could be a small tab sewn to the sail that they go through. Just slide it through the tab, then bend it and put each end into its pocket. Even two small holes in the LE dacron would do the trick and there would be no need to add extra weight by sewing something on.

And now that I've thought about it a bit more, the cap for the upright itself would keep it from moving much or falling out.

Won't send any pix claiming to still be developing the thing. I did send them a pic of Lam's ABS, but they claim that their system is different. I had disputed their claim to be the first using magic sticks on a kite right out of the box, citing Lam's previous efforts.

So unless someone buys one and takes pix themselves, the makers will not provide any. Sorry!

You're right about the magic (sissy) sticks, I believe the ABS was the first to include them stock.

ABS and 4 WD are definitely different platforms, mainly due to Lam's "butterfly" leading edge.

The 4 WD looks like it's basically a Rev platform with different proportions, and the addition of curved battens.

• Like 2