KiteLife Forum

got a new kite

Dave362

I got to fly it for a while today. Man, this thing flies great! It just naturally wants to settle into the position that makes the trick look its best. To me, a backspin looks best with the nose pointed down, not at the flyer as in a barrel roll. Of course, some of this is on the pilot regarding the amount of slack given. But this kite just naturally wants to rotate nose down. I could name a bunch of other examples, but this one makes the point. I think lots of guys are looking for a kite that tricks easily, gives them away. I had no trouble doing what I know how to do with the GPS, but for me what really sets it apart is how much better the tricks consistently look. i got in a much needed couple hour session. So soooo fun!!!!!

post-8492-0-38901000-1428885347_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Lam's kites spoil the pilot, no doubt. I haven't flown a GPS yet, but it sounds like the pedigree of the Tekken & Fearless are in there, and probably even more improvements. If you ever get tired of that beauty, I'll be happy to take it off your hands ! :cat_lol:

I got to fly it for a while today. Man, this thing flies great! It just naturally wants to settle into the position that makes the trick look its best. To me, a backspin looks best with the nose pointed down, not at the flyer as in a barrel roll. Of course, some of this is on the pilot regarding the amount of slack given. But this kite just naturally wants to rotate nose down. I could name a bunch of other examples, but this one makes the point. I think lots of guys are looking for a kite that tricks easily, gives them away. I had no trouble doing what I know how to do with the GPS, but for me what really sets it apart is how much better the tricks consistently look. i got in a much needed couple hour session. So soooo fun!!!!!

The other possibility is that you got that much better in the meantime?

Rob,

I fly every so often with a guy who has a fearless. This kite does remind me of it a bit. Only, the turtle is even deeper, if you can believe that...... As for ever parting with it, I'm already trying to figure out how to afford another!

Mark, not likely, until a month ago i hadn't flown a kite in over 6 years... :) Off topic: How far are you from Normal/ bloomington? I get over there every so often.

I'm about 2-1/2 hours north of there. There are about five or six active IKE (Illinois Kite Enthusiasts) flyers within an hour of there. If you're going to be in that area, you can post on the IKE forum and someone may be able to join you, or at least give you info about decent fields to fly in the area. They are in Washinton, IL, Cabery, IL, and Kankakee, IL. The forum is 100% free and has members from Illinois and the surrounding states, as well as some in other parts of the country.