KiteLife Forum

WTB: Rev EXP + Lines & Handles

I figure this would be worth a try at the least.

(AKA Ready To Fly)

I'm a little bit on the broke side unfortunately and can't afford a new one so I thought I would take a chance here and see what my odd's would be on getting a used one in the $100-$150 (shipped) range. I'm not new to kites, but I am new to quads, and finally after all these years, im starting to hear the call of the dark side. :crazy:

• Like 1

Check e-Bay and keep checking on a regular basis. They show up there fairly frequently. And someone will probably chime in here with something that will get you started. More places to look are the Revolution Kite forum, the GWTW (Gone With The Wind) forum, and Kitebookie.

You'll want to specify lines and handles included or RTF (ready to fly). Lines get pricey and people tend to hold onto theirs to the bitter end.

Good Idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that when I made the topic. I did add that to my original post, plus increased the WTB price a little.

If a mod can change the topic line to read WTB: Ready To Fly Rev EXP, then that would be very helpful as I can't change it myself

• 2 weeks later...

The other option is to build one yourself. That's what I did when I was out-of-work and discovered quads. The frame tubes and sail material can be found as "seconds" if you keep your eyes open, but you will have to ferrule the leading edge spar yourself. Everything else can be crafted from other things. My first attempt at making my own is the avatar I use here and on all the other forums, and, except for lines, came to be for less than $50. With pre-made 90#, 80ft lineset at $60, total cost less than $110. The handles are the hardest part of the build, you can get hog-ring style handles for about $20, the snag-free handles are more. Making the bridle is tricky, but it's not rocket science.

There are plans available on-line, Google "kite plans".

• 1 month later...

Skyclad01 , did you find an EXP yet? If not I have a gently used one RTF. If your interested.

Actually I ended up buying a new one after several weeks of not getting any bites. Otherwise I would definitely take you up on yours.