KiteLife Forum

Lincoln City

monkey

I was reading some history on Pacific Beach, and they put in pilings along the river to keep it on the straight (but not narrow-depends on the tide) So it stays put. Wonder if it would work there. Maybe Lincoln City's mayor should speak w/ Pacific Beach's mayor. ;) If anyone stays at the Exceptional Place to B & B send Ed our regards.

Have fun. I wish you all wind.

BB

Penny

PS PCKA meeting tonight for anyone who's left in town.

Llamagod, have you finished fixing the river yet?

Umm, the pull start on my power shovel is broken ;)

I did talk to Ron at the Lincoln City VCB... he confirmed that the river has turned south, but is not as bad as last fall (which pretty much wiped out the entire beach).

:P World's smallest river is a world class pain in the ars!

hello

just got back sooo.... here is a quick review of how it went.

Saturday

Started ok cloudy sky with no wind building to 10mph with blue sky, pretty fun, then rained and rained. had to call it quits at about 2.30 3.00ish :P

Sunday

After raining all night the morning started the same and Saturday, but the wind quickly built up to 6-10 :D mph with tons of blue sky, giant kites, and inflatables in the air, lots of stunt kites flying. The way a kite festival should be. Oh yeah there was the lake in the middle of the beach all weekend, but we moved the fields down the beach and it worked out pretty well. All the fliers did a great job and we all had a lot of fun

and so thats basically how it went, i left at 3.30 so im not sure what else happend, lots of fun though, sorry you couldn't make it Penny :(

JD

JD Thank you!! I'm glad it was a succesful weekend over all. Will there be pictures posted anywhere. Did you drive yourself there?

Betty sent me pictures of the fun fly at Crescent City I think. I've not had time to view them, since I got them at work. Maybe I'll be seeing your smiling face in them.

Lolly is sending me some white kites to paint. Next time you get a rev, ask for white. Then you won't have to paint over any colors. The indoor is coming up in March. I hope you get some practice in and come join us.

Hey, I saw a lot of great costumes the other day and thought of you. There was an M & M costume.. :D There were several raisens, too. Now wouldn't that be fun!?! :P

Keep me posted on your progress and tell Mom and Dad hello.

Hey, Carl, good picture in the newspaper article. It was a good article too.

BB

Penny

Hi Penny,

Will there be pictures posted anywhere. Did you drive yourself there?

Na i let dad drive up this time. I'll post a few pics tomarrow plus i'm sure John got some too. I'll try my best to get to the indoor. I think it is the same time as my spring break, so there shouldn't be a problem. So I should see you soon.

JD

And then there is some of us who "miss" diving at the water and end up in it. I'll get the beach slime off my Revs someday...

I had a great time. Great company, great kites and BOY do John and Todd ever know how to do up some bbq ribs, those were fantastic!

It sounds wonderful. Carl, you can take those inflatables! Monkey, you can dive great at the water... uhhmmm it's the brakes that might be giving you fits. lol

I missed ribs? mann..... and I'm hungry.

J.D. practice indoors and come flywith us. I can't wait till March for the indoor. Parks should have a bigger and better show planned. I'm excited!

BB

Penny

Oh, oh, oh... And that JD!

Talk about a quickly excelling flier... I only spent a little time sharing skills with him at the Windchasers Labor Day fly, but he's like a sponge... Sucked it all up, ran with it, and expounded (grew) with it.

On the AKA Sport Kite Committee and International Rules Book Committee both, I'm going to propose that we initate a "JD Handicap" rule involving having to fly with one hand, in lead boots... Coming soon, in the 2006 IRBC rule book. :P

Nah... He'd just figure out some way to levitate around the field, I'm sure.