KiteLife Forum

Almost getting too hot to Fly !

RobB

Took a little time to goto the beach this morning... with the wind forecast to be onshore 8-10mph, I couldn't refuse. Well, by the time I got set up, the wind had dropped to less than 5mph, and it was quickly turning into a light wind kinda day.

IMG_8040.jpg

First up was the Prism Prophecy. I love flying this kite, probably my favorite Prism kite of all time. It's not much of a trickster, but just flies so gracefully. It's pretty good in low wind, but the wind soon dropped below 2mph. Now that it's above 60*, I needed something that wasn't so much work to keep in the air. My blood is still thick from the winter, and it feels mighty hot out in the sun with little wind to cool you off...

IMG_8056.jpg

So, out came the Skyburner ProDancer SUL. I had a major discovery with this one. I had always thought that the kite should have more forward drive and be less twitchy, as it turns out, the uphaul legs on my bridle are too long, and didn't allow the nose to pitch far enough towards the pilot. I wrapped the bridle once around the upper spreader connectors, shortening the uphauls by about an inch... what a difference ! The kite jumped into the air with barely an arm sweep (by this time the wind was next to nothing) and the kite could easily do side slides now without much bobble. The twitchiness was totally gone, but one bad side effect was that punch turns weren't as sharp as before.

Well, that's pretty much it, hope good weather and wind is finding everyone else, too !

• Like 4