KiteLife Forum

Congratulations John Barresi AKAGN

TeamTKO

Congratulations to John Barresi for his success at the AKA Grand Nationals! John had two individual 1st place wins and two 2nd place results. Not bad for a guy who never slept more than 3 hours each night while at the AKA convention, and also was taking pics, writing daily KL convention reports, moderating the sport kite symposium, and doing some judging. Most people would have a difficult time focusing on thier competition routines without all of the extra duties.

Congratulations John and thanks for keeping us updated each day about the convention activities!

Troy Gunn - TKO Sport Kite Team

• Like 1

John, Congrats on your wins...and Many Thanks for keeping us informed on the scheduled events & side line happenings...Now, take a break and get some sleep...

kram....kitelife subscriber #5

Thanks guys, but catch-up sleep doesn't seem to be on my horizon... My kiting duties now include the following:

- Running and publishing Kitelife Magazine

- Chairing the AKA Sport Kite Committee

- Involvement as a member of the International Rules Book Committee (IRBC)

- Individual competitions (dual line, quad line, freestyle and hot tricks)

- Team management (TKS Mid-Air, now in masters class)

Obviously there are many layers to each task, but well worth it if I can hold it all together... The key for me, is to stay an active member of the competitive community and not fade away into purely bureaucratic tasks.

The idea for 2006 is regrowth... And the word of the day is grassroots.

Thanks for all of your support, and remember... You always have a voice, not only here, but with the AKA... The AKA is after all, made up of people just like you and me. ;)

Cheers, and good flying!

;) Cheers! And lets here it for the future President of AKA... The next David

Gomberg.. (heard this, didn't make it up) John Barresi! lol I love it. Watching this young teenager grow up to be a responsible young man. Who'd of thunk it? lol

Wow, proof positive the only thing consistent in life is change.

Best Breezes,

Penny