KiteLife Forum

WSIKF 2015

dragonfish

Any tips on where to stay? I know places get booked early so I hope I am not out of luck. Are there any places other than the hotels I would find by looking at googlemaps or a travel website? Better yet, any ladies looking for a roommate or has an extra space to share? :) Thanks.

:rev_clockwork:

My wife and I will be there for 8 days, making a vacation out of it. We booked our rooms back in December when we saw how quickly they we being taken. It will be our second kite festival, just returned from Wildwood and we had a blast. Hoping to meet some other flyers and getting some instruction from Mr. Barresi!

Mark

• Like 3

I'll be there with my wife from Tuesday through the end of the festival. We booked camping sites at Cape Disappointment state park earlier in the year, as it goes fully reserved for the summer months. I'm looking forward to over a week of flying!

• 3 weeks later...

For those not on Facebook .... the ninja will be making a return this year :)

I have a lot of things I'd like to do - spending time working with JB, team, learning some dual skills, teaching / helping advising, getting new people on the handles, etc.

More importantly, please make sure to come bother me and chat. There will be lots of flying, but I'd really like people to come chat with me ... don't worry if I'm busy, I can fly and talk at the same time.

• Like 2

I'll probably be there Friday evening (14th), but I'm getting into Seattle on the 12th if anyone is in the area before I head down to Long Beach.

Leaving Long Beach on Monday (24th) after the festival and heading to Portland. Leaving Portland for home on Wednesday evening.

Scary?? Meeting some of the best Rev fliers from all over?? More like a great chance to learn and play with some of the best - first hand!! You aren't bound to fly in teams or anything, just there to have fun. And meeting those that think alike is just icing on the cake!!!!

• Like 2

Don't trust them...

It will be like, "hey just hold this for a second" and all of a sudden you find yourself in the middle of a line, clenching your teeth...

Nah, jump straight in. Fly through the nerves. Opportunities may not come up for a while. Plus, you can replace gear not memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Damn plan revealed!!! LOL!!!

My 1st WSIKF was the 64 record fly and I was only there when they did 56. No pressure, no demands, I got to fly with some of the finest Rev pilots with no bother to my poor skills at the time. I was just getting back into kiting after my stroke and hip replacements. Still overcoming a bunch of personal issues, but overcame those issues to befriend what has become a growing circle of friends I can't wait to see - every time!!

• Like 1

IdahoFlyer, you might be thinking scary, but I hope you're thinking exciting even more than scary.

You might get roped into a line, but those who rope you into it will likely have been watching you fly and have assessed your abilities. Yes, definitely fly through the nerves. The worst thing to do is to not fly with others and regret it later, especially if you would have to wait a long time for anther opportunity. If you're worried about inadvertently tangling lines with others, it's not as bad as you might think. It's happened to most if not all of us. It's even happened to me on the main demo field at a festival. Untangle and keep flying. It will just be another story to laugh over later.

I've been at WSIKF for a day before. I can't wait to be there for a whole week this year.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...