KiteLife Forum

Indoor Flying Practice

Penny Lingenfelter

big hands or long arms

maybe hook the lower lines to your waist? control the drive with hands

each rev top line controled by the handle aparatus and the reverse tethered to the fliers waist?

as you move back... that gives it reverse/float and turning gives the uppers drive

when flying multiples indoors.. i start with a slow 360 until i fall down dizzy

Alan

Don't fall down from being dizzy Alan.. go one pivot the other way and it sets you right. Check it out! You don't even need kites, just spin a few times and then go once the other way.. ok... now quit that... it's just wierd. :) Tell everyone hello.

Allen, there was a lady with shoulder length blond hair, who goes 40 miles to church on Sun. She needs to know she could fly a rev outside, standing or sitting. Health issues kept her from moving backwards inside. She wants to fly, but couldn't . You can turn her on to the rev outside, I hope.

BB

Penny

BB

Penny

My grandma is sick. :) She's 93 and had a massive stroke.

I stayed last night and today. My mom and sisters and I will take turns staying with her. No response in 20 hours. Mom said she probably wouldn't grow a new leg. Which is what she always does when she gets sick with one leg in the grave. She grows another leg.

Mom said yesterday she didn't think there was going to be a new leg, but since yesterday, she started sucking ice cubes, opening her eyes, moving her head and arms and smiling. :) and she's hungry after 3 days of nothing.

I always thought she'd live to be 100. She'd say, I'm going to die tomorrow... why can't you take me to the right doctor to fix this pain all in the same sentence. She won't let herself quit.

Mom ran me off to get some rest and I'll go back tonight and stay. I told Grandma before I left.. it was ok if she grew another leg. She smiled.

Probably no flying today........

BB

Penny

Thanks Amy :)

And guess what.. I'm an optimist, but she is doing great. She's talking more. (For a day she only talked to me and I was afraid the family was going to think I was crazy) She told my mom she loved her.

Woo hoo.. she's eating better then she ever ate before. Moving all body parts and wanting to know how the great grandkids are. :) Now if only she could understand how I fly an indoor kite. :) She just can't imagine it. It doesn't really matter though, does it? Hugs back at you.

Lincoln City Indoor Kite Show is getting closer! It's going to be awesome!

BB

Penny

:) thats wonderful news Tator.. really.

Hey, why not take a video or a dvd player in and showwwwwwww her how you fly kites indoors.

I am sure you have the cds from one of the fests?? She would love that.. and alot of times.. the hospitals have tvs with dvd players you can bring into a room...

Anyway... I am still keeping her in my thoughts for a solid recovery.. .. and you too..its pretty stressful on everyone.. big mouse hugs..

mousie

Hey, why not take a video or a dvd player in and showwwwwwww her how you fly kites indoors.

I am sure you have the cds from one of the fests?? She would love that.. and alot of times.. the hospitals have tvs with dvd players you can bring into a room...

:) I laughed when I read that. Sorry, I forgot to mention she was blind. We've an eye disease that carries most of the eye diseases with it. I've been legally blind, had cateracts removed a few times, lens implants a band around my retina on one eye. Acute glaucoma- loose an eye in an hour.

In our history we had one relative who the doctor accidently took the good eye, and one doctor who purposefully took the good eye thinking it would heal the bad eye.(?) And we've probably cornered the market on glass eyes. :) lol Very hereditary.

So I started flying the Rev. before the cateracts started growing. They were pretty removable except for around the edges- Vitreous retinatropy-deterioration of the retina.

I asked my Eye doctor the proper name and he said it would take ten names to call it. So I practiced flying with my eyes closed using a kite bag for a blind fold.. and learned to play the drums. But when I had the cateracts removed and the lens implants in, I left the drums and got back to my kites. :) Woo Hoo!

Now I think if my sight leaves me tomorrow I would still fly kites. :w00t:

Grandma only remembers our homemade brown paper box kites. lol I remember them too.

Hey, Lincoln City is getting closer! And I'm flying tomorrow morning! I'm packed and ready.

I couldn't go to the kite meeting tonight. To exhausted after staying w/Grandma last night. I don't want to die in a crash on the way home and I need to go to sleep now.

Best Breezes,

Penny

I've been back in the gym all week. I started working on an indoor stack. It is flying very smoothly. Then I received my music for the Lincoln City Indoor Kite Festimal on March 24th-26th. It's slow and then very fast. A stack can't really fly that fast, so I went back to my single handle for practice.

I like the music, but not how I'm flying to it. Finaly after a few days, I'm starting to get a better feel for it. It's kind of like belly dancing music.

So I attended a class at the gym yesterday for the first time. I thought, why not- I can probably get a few moves out of it and Steve will think it's a perk. What kind of class? It's a strip tease class. Mediam exercise class, girls only.

lol :) It was fun! Woman came from 30 miles away to take this class. One of the first moves Jen taught us was a step, slap, look move and I remembered Debi Parks doing that in one of her routines.

You probably won't see any moves from me this year, but next year there might be a few surprises. Nothing obscene, but a few added steps with attitude. Amy, the class is on Thursdays night if you want to drop in. $10.

Next year I'll get good. :)

BB

Penny

I've been back in the gym all week. I started working on an indoor stack. It is flying very smoothly. Then I received my music for the Lincoln City Indoor Kite Festimal on March 24th-26th. It's slow and then very fast. A stack can't really fly that fast, so I went back to my single handle for practice.

I like the music, but not how I'm flying to it. Finaly after a few days, I'm starting to get a better feel for it. It's kind of like belly dancing music.

So I attended a class at the gym yesterday for the first time. I thought, why not- I can probably get a few moves out of it and Steve will think it's a perk. What kind of class? It's a strip tease class. Mediam exercise class, girls only.

lol :) It was fun! Woman came from 30 miles away to thake this class. One of the first moves Jen taught us was a step, slack, look move and I remembered Debi Parks doing that in one of her routines.

You probably won't see any moves from me this year, but next year there might be a few surprises. Nothing obscene, but a few added steps with attitude. Amy, the class is on Thursdays night if you want to drop in. $10.

Next year I'll get good. :)

BB

Penny

exotic dancing with a kite? sounds like fun

who says kite flying is not a spectator sport...LOL

rhythmic movement of any kind is good.. especially if you like it...

should we bring dollars? LOL KIDDING!

rhythmic movement of any kind is good.. especially if you like it...

should we bring dollars? LOL KIDDING!

Money is always good, but Ron Desparado (+j) cornered the market on that years ago. In his free style he'd pull off his tear away pants and a few of us girls screamed and ran up and put money in his shorts. I wouldn't want to be to much of a copy cat.

And what was I thinking... with all the spanking going on out there... this won't be anything new. But it sure is a hilarious class.

BB

Penny

hahaha omg.. too fun..

I need some attitudeeeeeeeeeeee... and I need the money hahahahahaa... think you could show me some moves at lc in the back gym Tator??? OH thisssss could be fun... way tooo much fun!

*smirks.. and saunters off giggling..

Mousie

hahaha omg.. too fun..

I need some attitudeeeeeeeeeeee... and I need the money hahahahahaa... think you could show me some moves at lc in the back gym Tator??? OH thisssss could be fun... way tooo much fun!

*smirks.. and saunters off giggling..

Mousie

that sounds more like an after hours thing... maybe at a night fly on the beach with bonfire

AWAY from the kites of course

all we need is some dry wood, beach wood, and a couple boy scout matches

if the weather is good at LC.. I am so there for a night fly... music and dancing encouraged

OK, Allen, but if I bring the matches, that leaves you to bring the dances. :)

Hey, Amy... you've got monkey... I bet he's got some moves to share.

I flew last night at Harold's 80th Birthday bash. Ewww, It was a little to small. 3 more feet makes the difference between work and a beautiful fly. At least I didn't poke anyone's eyse out, but I almost took out a speaker I couldn't see a few times. Black, against a black backdrop.

I should have cased the joint first. :)

BB

Penny

My practice at the gym this morning was a little short on time.

A young man who had flown the UFO last week was back with his sister.

He said, "She usually justs sleeps in the car, but she got up to fly a kite." What could I do? :) I went out to the van and brought in two UFO's to play with. When Mom got out of her gym class she played with it too.

I'm trying to fly each morning at least 15 min. -1/2 hour. I don't want to embaress myself at Lincon City. :) But if I do.. that's ok.

BB

Penny

1-- does anyone know what boys scout matches are? curious

2-- yes... the dances are good...even around a fire at night... uh oh... wasnt there a movie about this?

3-- sounds like we have something fun in mind for LC... i cannot wait (I am the element "water 2")

4-- intentionally left blank

5-- now all we need is good weather for a night fly ont he beach... whoo ha

6-- intentionally right blank

7-- bones is on TV... time to go

<>~<>

: :

: :

CIAO

ALAN

Dancing around the fire huh? I've a new fire costume. Joyce is going to look for red nylons for me too.

I asked for fast music, and it is fast. For the last two weeks I've been practicing with my single handle Rev. on longer lines. (after cutting the lines down 3 times I'm missing most of the lights at the gym)

Longer lines are slow and more beautiful, but it isn't giving me the speed I'm after, so I decided this morning to go back to shorter lines.

I have a new red/white/blue kite being painted by Jerry Fincher. Two more weeks to get together whatever I need and Lincoln City here we come!

It sounds like Lincoln City has put quite a bit of advertisement out there with a commercial and press releases. It's sure to be a big hit. Still can't wait to see what the Parks have in store for us.

Jerry just walked in with my kite! Woo Hoo! Big thank you's to him.

He wants to try some acrylic paint on one after seeing Don Mock's work. We're thinking about what we want next. I'm leaning more towards abstract to get the most use out of it.

Wonder if anyone would like to join me on the floor at Lincoln City with my UFO's and the little mermaid music in the background or if they'd let me pull a couple of kids out of the audience to play with us?

Lots to do and so little time. :kid_smartass: Nope, there is never enough fly time!

Best Breezes,

Penny

Do I have to wear a fish suit????

heyyyyyyyyyy just asking... hehe..

Aww Amy! If I had only asked sooner! I could have made you a blue/green sequinned fish tail and a lonnnnggg haired wig. (I can see what monkey would do with this remark already) No Monkey, No! Not a Lady Godiva costume, a mermaid costume. :blue-sleepy:

And if Monk wants to join us.. I could just make him a big pair of fish lips. :kid_smartass: We could slime John and he could be seaweed... ok......ahhh I needed a laugh.

BB

Penny

avoid the salmon look... many emotions running high on that topic in that neighborhood!

Little mermaid? UNDER THE SEA? maybe if I were human... no wrong movie.. LOL

sounds like it will be fun to WATCH

where is everyone satying in LC?

ron set me up at a high class rasin ranch... sounds nice and the food is superb, like a bed and breakfast.. only with old people. thanks RON! and better yet.. they LOVE kite people!

WATER MAS whooshing out

my music is slow and flowing... like my little fishes

I like fishes cause theyre SOOO delicous