KiteLife Forum

[SOLD] Revolution SuperSonic "Vented" Gold & Black [SOLD]

I'm confused (as normal)! How do you stack - side by side ? :ani_victory:

Nick, look closely at the second picture. Look at the bridle set-up. You can stack top to bottom also, but that involves more frame modification than side by side.

Nick, look closely at the second picture. Look at the bridle set-up. You can stack top to bottom also, but that involves more frame modification than side by side.

So, it's basically flying as a single sail? What is the attachment point on the frame ends?

Hey Mark, That's definitely all new to me, but I'm always interested in seeing new techniques, not that I would want to do it, but still interesting ! I can see the bridle set-up in the second picture (somewhat), but still not exactly clear on how things are set up. So am I seeing correctly - the top right flight line, controls the entire top, of the right kite. The bottom right flight line, controls the entire bottom, of the right kite - same set-up on the left flight lines? :ani_giveup:

Hey Mark, That's definitely all new to me, but I'm always interested in seeing new techniques, not that I would want to do it, but still interesting ! I can see the bridle set-up in the second picture (somewhat), but still not exactly clear on how things are set up. So am I seeing correctly - the top right flight line, controls the entire top, of the right kite. The bottom right flight line, controls the entire bottom, of the right kite - same set-up on the left flight lines? :ani_giveup:

Yep, that's it. Takes about 80 feet of bridle line shaped like 4 vees, all exactly the same, each attached to the bottom connection points on each kite to itself, and the same with the tops, with the four new line connection point loops to the outside of each vee to keep the kite from getting really "squirrely". How much? Don't know, would probably have to adjust in the field, but should be relatively simple since it's only four knots to untie and re-tie. Or you could just create a few for different conditions.

A ferrule of some kind to connect the leading edges, that won't slide to either side, and a do-hickey to attach one kite's left bungee to the other's right bungee, something to hold the two endcaps to the ferrule and you're good to go. Might be fun to try with a couple of Rev II's.

So, it's basically flying as a single sail? What is the attachment point on the frame ends?

The attachment on the frame ends is the original bridle on each kite. You just need a way to fix the endcaps in the middle to each other and the ferrule, so the sail is still being stretched. There's nothing ready-made for this, so it has to be rigged in whatever way you can.