KiteLife Forum

She's Hooked!

Nick Russell

We were back on the beach for about 3 hours today. The wind was light so we did not break out the new vented 1.5s, but stuck to using my SLE and Miss Terry's EXP. Using the tips we got from tkrinor the other day we had a great time and feel like we have come so far. We leave Newport in the morning for two weeks in Seaside and then we'll be in Long Beach for 3 weeks. Looking forward to more times on the lines.

• Like 3

Yeah, once you can control the kite fairly well, the addiction kicks in full-throttle, and then you'll need one for very high winds and maybe an SUL for those near-zero days. And then one in a different color, and a B2 to zip around with on short lines, and don't forget to get short lines in 50-lb for small areas in light wind, and some fancy kite stakes and, omg, how can I possibly get by with only two sets of handles and maybe I'll try a different kind of quad or maybe build one myself, and so on, and so on, and maybe . . .. . . .. . .. .. .. . It never ends!

I only have 13, but that's only because I keep giving them away. With the home-made quads, I have around 23 -- OUCH. Makes it tough to decide which one to fly. Oh yes, don't forget the one-of-a-kind Masterpiece that you just gotta have because . . . . . . . . . . . . oh, no.

P.S. -- Eventually you'll want to have a full set in the same color pattern. Standard, midvent, fullvent, extravent, Zen, B2 and maybe an indoor .. .. oh, I wonder if I can get a Shockwave to match . . . . . . . . . ohhhhhhhhh, nooooooooooo!

• Like 2

Terry, we stopped at the Seaside store today to meet Ted, he's a really nice guy. Our friend Nancy was with us and she bought an ultralight Rev, and I fell in love with a red and black full vent B Series and my wife insisted I take it home. No really, she did! :ani_yahoo:

Nick, the best part is that they pack small and you can fly them anywhere. If you're going to have a hobby while you follow the nomadic lief style, you couldn't have picked a better one. It's amazing how small 5 revs really are, right?

Agreed. And we have been able to introduce a lot of other RVers to the it. I publish an RV newspaper called the Gypsy Journal and present seminars at RV rallies and one of them is on hobbies for RVers. I always bring a couple of Revs, my Prism Snapshot and whatever else I have and it draws good crowds. Several who have attended now have kites and there is an informal competition among them to see who can fly a kite in the most states as they travel.

• Like 1