KiteLife Forum

Two Point Landing

Dave362

Some may not think of this as a trick, but the way it can punctuate a line is for me even more impressive than the tip stab.

Having said that, I can only kind of do it. Lately I've been getting to it from a rolling Susan (snap lazy)

I fly across fairly low, pull the lower wing, when it orientation is right pull for the snap lazy. I let it go around once and pull both lines when the kite is in the turtle position. The kite pulls quickly into a two point landing. Looks pretty cool, but I'd like to be able do it without the rotation and from a dive. I've seen the tutorials. As usual, they get you into the ball park, but some discussion of the finer points always helps me more.

Any thoughts or tips?

. Looks pretty cool, but I'd like to be able do it without the rotation and from a dive. I've seen the tutorials. As usual, they get you into the ball park, but some discussion of the finer points always helps me more.

Any thoughts or tips?

Can you do a half axel? then think of it as a half axel straight down! Point the kite down at about 10 degrees off vertical and at the 'opportune moment' do a half axel and take a step forward - the 'opportune moment' depends on the kite and the wind and you will probably do a spectacular nose plant the first few times so practice in moderate winds with a 'beater' kite rather than your pride and joy. It's quite hard to do at first because your natural instinct is to try and pull out of the dive but once you get a feel for it, it works well. Try the half axel about 8 - 10 feet off the ground at first and work your way down.

• Like 1

I agree with Hadge... practice this one a few feet off the ground. It's very similar to doing a Spike (tip stab), only the kite rotates a little bit more to end up with both wingtips on the ground. If you get it right when you're practicing, the kite will just hover in a stall, which also looks pretty cool.

The good thing about the TwoPoint landing is that you're less likely to break a Lower Leading Edge !

• Like 1

Did some research, and it is in fact the lower wing, just like in the rolling Susan. The two point is working fairly well for me now. i just do an angled dive and treat it like a snap lazy. When the wings come level, I pull on both lines and it drops right to the ground. I'll keep working on it, making the dive more vertical. Nice thing is, when I want a more dramatic landing, i can just pull for the lazy like I was doing before.

Thanks for the help, guys!