KiteLife Forum

Dual and single line kites

Dave362

This is from one day last week at Ocean Shores.  3 dual line kites from a short morning session and 3 single lines from the afternoon.

The Nirvana segment is done as a Trick Study, with one clip of each trick. These are mostly new tricks to me or new ways of approaching elements I've known for awhile.  Both sections, Dual line and Single, represent skill sets very much in process, so please let me now what you think.  And yes, that's me crashing the 4D into the ocean......

Click on the link below the video to watch in HD. I highly recommend it

Thanks for watching!

Dual and single Line Kites from Dave362 on Vimeo.

• Like 7

Very nice ! That Double DC needs some tail ! That Power Sled is the same pattern as my replacement Power Sled, but I think yours is bigger. Looks like a great day at the beach. I have to say, that Ocius has a stunning color combo, but you might want to try some longer lines on that 4d, I found 30s to work best for me...

I really liked the trick combos, the wrapped 540 got rewound a few times to try to figure that one out ! Two thumbs up !

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. The sled is the 36. I saw yours Rob, and really liked the color.

It was a fun week.

Aaron, NWkiteluv, on here was around the same week. We flew together a few times. it was a nice hang. The wind was pretty strong all week. That morning was one of the few periods of lighter wind. I was really glad to have my Nirvana along to enjoy it. I've had that kite for close to ten years. A very trusted old friend.

I thought the 4D footage was funny. I included it because the waves looked good, and also because sometimes its good to just have fun, not take yourself too seriously.

I kept wanting to run forward and give it more slack, but the ocean got in the way......

Here's a couple of pictures of Aaron's kites. Aaron made the best anchor holes. He had a very nice stand up beach shovel which I totally intended to steal. However, shifty lad that he is, Aaron is never without his sunglasses and is therefore very hard to get the jump on......

post-8492-0-00734700-1437484108_thumb.jp

post-8492-0-67510000-1437484126_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Nine days of flying was the best and I'm happy that I ran into you Dave. It was great to get some flying time in and your advice on flick flacs helped me get them solid. I learned a lot. Most importantly to not take your eyes off the shovel. :cat_shifty:

• Like 1

Good stuff, Aaron. you really tore it up with that widowmaker!

SparkieRob, Thanks, man. I'm really glad you liked it. Having a few different kites made it fun to work on.

The trick study for me is in many ways about documenting what I'm working on. Now I'll try to string more of them together in combos and then try to vary the transitions, end game being to increase my tricking vocabulary. That should keep me busy for awhile.........

Thanks all for you great comments! :)

• Like 1

Nice one Dave, enjoyed it all. Would love to get a nice little spinner to put somewhere, in the garden or on my car. The other day at the field, there were a few guys with motorized para-gliders (what in hell is the name of those things??) and they had these mini bols, or colored wind socks, on a poll attached to their 4WD vehicles, like the ones you have as laundry line, to help understand the wind.

Anyway, your music choice is also very enjoyable :)

• Like 1

Thanks very much, Fred. When I filmed the 4D I actually wanted to fly the Ocius UL, but when I got to the beach there was no wind. Of course, once I got the 4D together it was blowing strong enough for a light standard.......

I was diong a cascade and just couldn't get enough slack into it, what with the water in the way and all, so yes, I piled it into the drink.

I often fly the 4D indoors on lines half that length. The set I was using is my normal outdoor set for that kite. I prefer to fly it when you can just feel coolness on your face.

Lots of folks have made 4D videos. I'd like to get mine out in the right conditions and film it, just to join in the fun. Its a great little kite!

But right now it needs a bath, 'cause it smells like fish...........

• Like 1