KiteLife Forum

Flew Two New Ones Today

Nick Russell

We had winds of 17- 20 mph today here in Seaside so I got to fly both of my new kites. The Prism Micron I just won in a karma drawing is definitely a challenge. Fast does not even begin to describe it, and that long tail turning circles in the air looks really cool. Was it fun? Yes. But it will take some getting used to.

Then I broke out my new B Series full vent and I have to tell you, I love my wife, I love my kids, but I LOVE this kite! Love, love, love it! My full sail 1.5 SLE is a great kite but it pales in comparison in my opinion. I flew it for over three hours and only stopped when the wind started to die off and my arms felt like there were going to fall off. I'm still a newbie, but several people walking by gave me a thumbs up as I practiced hovers and spins. Hoping we have good wind again tomorrow.

post-7889-0-37397700-1438143591_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Yeah, those vented kites will spoil you. Eventually, though, you may even begin to like/crave wind in the 0 to 1 mph range. It seems that here in the Midwest, the slower it blows the smoother it gets. Glad to hear you're having fun with the quads. It gets even better than the point you're at now. On occasion, you and the kite will fly as one, as if anticipating each others moves -- totally tuned-in. It is a sweet sensation!

• Like 2