KiteLife Forum

Gday Frankieflyin here.....

Frankieflyin

After a 180* rotation, turn up and pull in to power and glide a complete arc "up and over". Then you can rotate in the opposite direction. Use the full area to your advantage. Zero wind is all direction flying. Good for the heart and soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks dude. I was my first time i tried a 360. then went for 720 and so on......

I know what you are saying. I sort of worked it out. Haven't done any zero wind flying except for what you see in video's.

So I've got no hours of zero wind flying. Thats why i want an indoor rev.

Sometimes Zero wind is the only wind I get. The majority of my flying is over tar, at night in a Carpark when there isn't a breath. Kind of got my Indoor out of necessity. I do love the groan sounds from the kite, the gentle rustle it makes when it get thrown around in the still of the night. I'm still a young pup on it really.

post-6827-14408591844539_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Frankie, you asked for feedback... :)

First, you've already WON... Overcoming what you have, and showing so MANY different ways to fly / see your kite, well done!

Expanding, because I think you really want to know... :)

I'm a real stickler for "entry and exit lines", as well as "running track".

Going to from place to place, whether entering or exiting a maneuver, I love to see clear vertical, horizontal or diagonal angles that show me the pilot was clearly under control, and it also helps "frame" each maneuver because of the clarity of entry and exit.

"Running track" is the term I use for being able to clearly see the kite going through paces... Circles, squares, diamonds, octagons, straight lines, diagonal lines, rotations, all as if they were drawn on a map and you're just going from one to the other, while still being able to see the path and transition between - this is the mark of a true performance pilot, versus recreational. Neither really experientially "better" than the other, just food for thought. ;)

Keep it coming mate!

Hi Frankie, you asked for feedback... :)

First, you've already WON... Overcoming what you have, and showing so MANY different ways to fly / see your kite, well done!

Expanding, because I think you really want to know... :)

I'm a real stickler for "entry and exit lines", as well as "running track".

Going to from place to place, whether entering or exiting a maneuver, I love to see clear vertical, horizontal or diagonal angles that show me the pilot was clearly under control, and it also helps "frame" each maneuver because of the clarity of entry and exit.

"Running track" is the term I use for being able to clearly see the kite going through paces... Circles, squares, diamonds, octagons, straight lines, diagonal lines, rotations, all as if they were drawn on a map and you're just going from one to the other, while still being able to see the path and transition between - this is the mark of a true performance pilot, versus recreational. Neither really experientially "better" than the other, just food for thought. ;)

Keep it coming mate!

Yes, I was asking for feedback. From everyone.

However i already knew what YOU would say reguarding my flying...

Fly with intent.....hehehe

Alot of my video's are urban flying. Where wind is less than ideal. Sometimes it can be a mission to just 'keep it up and flying'.

Im not making excuses. HOWEVER

I have problems 'thinking' you may say. Thats why i struggle with dual line stunt kite (you need to think about following trick and kite position)

When I fly, I don't need to 'think'. I just 'feel' the breeze. (Amount of tension and pressure on lines)

When I fly with intent, I need to concentrate and think.

Thus, fatiguing my brain, lowing my concentration levels, hence flying becomes sloppy.

I'm slowly trying to introduce sections of flying with more "running track". (That's where I think my flying is at)

I'll get there in the end I'm sure.

But you must first learn to crawl before you learn to run!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................grasshopper :ani_notworthy:

Thanks for the 'tip' JB.

• Like 1

Sounds like you have done a bit of zero wind flying...

I like to go fishing when weather is that good!

Yep, me too! Unless we have gotten together for a club fly. Line control is better in low wind when fishing.

Sounds like you have done a bit of zero wind flying...

I like to go fishing when weather is that good!

Yep, me too! Unless we have gotten together for a club fly. Line control is better in low wind when fishing.

And so is the sea!

Good flying -- looks like a great place to fly. Sit-down is my kind of flying! Keep the vids coming. The wind you had that day is typical of what we have here in the midwestern US. Gusty, bumpy, full of nulls and constantly shifting direction. Pain to fly/practice in, but when you can fly in that, you can fly in anything.

One thing I noticed, and please don't take it as criticism, the bottom bungees could be tightened some on this Lime/Black kite. Watch the video again and look at the creases that run parallel to the length of the kite. From about 2:30 on you can see how the sail is bunched up towards the leading edge. Tighten up 'til those are gone and you will noticeably improve your ability to pull off a flatter axel, as well as provide a bit more lift for light wind flying.

• Like 1