KiteLife Forum

Looking for an EXP leading edge rod

Growler

So, out on the outer banks this week. Go to fly my new EXP. And snapped both of the outside rods at the ferrules.... Learning experience :/

Can anyone direct me to a shop that can replace them on the outer banks? I am in Corolla Beach (Up on the 4x4 area). Or, can anyone tell me what to order to replace them online and have them over nighted?

Ugghhh... It was fun while it was in the air :D Glad I equalized the lines before I left. Just have to work on control.

Thanks everyone!

You're in the right place. Check out Flying Smiles kite shop in Corolla. Elliot can fix just about anything. The shop in in the shopping center opposite the entrance to the Corolla Light and the Whalehead Club. Take a look at the Shook Mesh Revs while you're there. They're pretty special and made by Elliot.

What all the above have said, and while your at it, go for a set of Magic Sticks. They are the cat' meow. You couldn't have had a better place to have a "breakdown" if you had planned it. Good luck with the repair and Happy Flying.

Tell Eliot ,.... "you want it fixed while you wait", .... he's never heard that one before <HA!!!>

Go for french bridle and make him install that too, grab a set of 15 inch "no-snag" handles, if he has 'em. Try some Skybond flying lines,.. don't leave any space on your credit card, drool over a Masterpiece Shook "progressive mesh" with a set of Diamond frame tubes and Green Race.

Try a set of P-90s in a travel frame arrangement.

what about lighted LEDs that are waterproof and slap right onto the ends of the magic sticks? Surely you can't leave those laying on the counter for 12 bucks more?

Help out a store-front kite merchant with a real inventory of quality and desirable products. Heck they are the nicest folks besides, maybe you just go say hi and bring them lunch?

They were awesome. Got in yesterday before the storms hit this way. Elliot and Cath were awesome, welcoming, warm, and informative. We laughed, learned something, and left ready to fly again. They will be my go to for all Rev parts in the future.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BTW, I got a set of magic sticks and bought my own LED"s. I love that it extends the flying time into the night, especially on the beach. Just make sure that you have a camping headlamp to be able to see your stuff to put it away when you're done. My experience with the magic sticks is middle at best. I like them, but too difficult to take them off and put on another kite. I don't want to buy sets for all of them. Others would disagree.

you know it's just short pieces of string and little bits of plastic fittings to hold a carbon point125 tube on each sail. You can make 'em removable easier too, just like your flying lines attach to the bridle, you do take the lines off to go home right?

Add little pig-tails to each end-cap so install and removal is quicker. Add little release knots too (onto the truss lines) so you aren't picking the spectra fibers or braid apart to get the loops off

more knots are tangle points though