KiteLife Forum

First flight with my Aura UL!

Brilongenecker

So I got it this baby on Monday and finally was able to get it in the air. It was a magical 3 hours, with pretty good wind. It was the perfect setting to see how good its low wind capabilities are. Not sure of the wind speed, but flags were waving gently back and forth. This kite is a beauty in the air! Also very quiet, which I like. Feels very stealthy. It seems to handle very well. Nice slow axels, and was actually able to hold some long fades. I'm still doing something wrong with those. Half axels feel very natural, even though that's a new move for me. By the end of my session I had completed several cascades to my shock and amazement! I couldn't stop smiling!! I was able to wrap it up several times as well, but it was tough. You really need to time the 2nd pop and give a lot of slack. I can't wait for my next opportunity to fly!

Happy trails and wind filled sails!

Brian

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So here are my kites. Got to fly more tonight and man, am I hooked on this stuff. All the years flying prior to this have always been fun, but there is no comparison to these kites. I will say after flying the Aura though the Kymera feels like a tank. I want some strong wind now to fly that baby. Anyway, have a great night ya'll!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

post-8302-144253808933_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

So in between clients at work today I was able to get in another 4 hours with the Aura. I love this thing! It is so stable even in wind that I can barely feel it just stays up. Really feeling comfortable with half axels after today. Also was able to get a few fade launches and flare to fades. The easiest for me so far is the axel to fade. Still needs a lot of work though. Cascading is making more sense, but I'm really aware of how right on I need to be with that 2nd input and giving plenty of slack. My mind needs to speed up a little. Flew right up till dark, packed up and felt really good about the little bit of progress I made. Someday maybe I'll get a tripod so you guys can see me flail a little. I'd love some pointers on catching the fade.

Happy trails and wind filled sails!

• Like 2