KiteLife Forum

The Beginning of Kite Season... 2015.

RobB

Off to a slow start, but I've gotten a couple of good sessions in since all the beach blankets have left the beach. The first week was almost a wash... 20mph winds, dark, cool, and a little rainy.

IMG_9558.jpgThis is actually what the skies looked like, no need for sunglasses, that's for sure.

IMG_9627.jpg

A few adjustments on the camera made it look almost like a decent day. I actually had to put on my rainjacket/poncho, and was still a little chilly !

The second week of Kite Season brought better weather, a good onshore breeze, 10-15 mph.

IMG_9656.jpg

The Ultrafoil 15, my goto kite to judge the wind by, and a little spin-sock...

IMG_9662.jpgGot the Double DC up & flying with four tails, for a while. The winds came down a bit, so I had to take 2 of the tails off. It's a heavy kite with all the tails, good thing it's got a lot of fabric to hold it up !

IMG_9668.jpgThe 11' Mesh Delta dragged the l-o-n-g tail up, at least for a while. I cut this tail in half when the wind dropped... I couldn't have the end of the tail near the ground by the walking trail, as there are still a few people out walking.

IMG_9675.jpg

Really, the easiest to fly, best behaved, all around SLK that I have. It could probably hold 3 of these spin-socks on the line...

IMG_9677.jpg

I forgot to put the swivel on the tail, it got pretty twisted up. These transition tails need to have swivels, some come with the tails, others you have to add them on. Always good to have extra swivels in your SLK bag !

IMG_9683.jpgAnother angle of part of the display... I went back to the car to get a Rev. A great couple of hours at the beach, just got a little sunburn. Temps are still around 80*F, still a little warm. Once the long sleeves and pants come out, the sunburn risk is greatly diminished

I wonder what everyone else is flying ? I've seen some great pictures from Florida, but not many others. Post some pictures if you've got them... :ani_victory: .

• Like 7

Here are a few kites of an Israeli kite flyer's get-together this Saturday. I got to meet another kite flyer, Alon, he's the one with the self made white eagle SLK. And of course, Shula and Eli Shavit, with their newest creation - 8 kite. The beautiful bandanna one is also some of Shula's amazing patch work. All together that makes 3 other kite flyers that I've met in person - Yeehee!! :ani_yahoo: I was told there are at least two more, living up north. No stunt-kite flyers though, except me.
I was flying, or at least edge-of-the-window attempting to fly, my ATM, the wind was a bit too strong, but I was getting at least some decent multi-lazies and roll-ups.

https://vimeo.com/139916955

Weird, can't get it to show the player..

Link

• Like 1

Well, Nick, my hat's off to you, you did a great job training the Ultrafoil. The only thing that upsets it is winds over 20mph. It's never crashed, but it does get a bit wild !

It takes less than 5 minutes to get the Ultrafoil up in the air... tie it off, shake it out of the bag, make sure the bridle is straight, and let it fly !

Here are a few kites of an Israeli kite flyer's get-together this Saturday. I got to meet another kite flyer, Alon, he's the one with the self made white eagle SLK. And of course, Shula and Eli Shavit, with their newest creation - 8 kite. The beautiful bandanna one is also some of Shula's amazing patch work. All together that makes 3 other kite flyers that I've met in person - Yeehee!! :ani_yahoo: I was told there are at least two more, living up north. No stunt-kite flyers though, except me.

I was flying, or at least edge-of-the-window attempting to fly, my ATM, the wind was a bit too strong, but I was getting at least some decent multi-lazies and roll-ups.

https://vimeo.com/139916955

Weird, can't get it to show the player..

Link

Nice day out flying ! I really liked that *8* kite & the Bandana kite.

I remember back in the days of the Prism forum, there was a guy who flew stunt kites in Israel. He came over to the NY area and flew with a friend of mine. I'll have to see if he's still around & flying...

• Like 1

Nice day out flying ! I really liked that *8* kite & the Bandana kite.

I remember back in the days of the Prism forum, there was a guy who flew stunt kites in Israel. He came over to the NY area and flew with a friend of mine. I'll have to see if he's still around & flying...

Those kites are exquisite. The bird is too, up close, Alon made a series of birds of pray, even has a 3.5 meter Condor.

How long ago were "the prism forum days" ? There was a guy called Ralph from Ranana but I don't think he's flying anymore.

Thank you kindly, Iftah.

Rob,

What's with the kite flying season where you live starting now?

I'm getting ready to hibernate, true store.

Why ain't the other time of the year, the end or start or as you say " Beginning of kite season"?

I fly on the winder days all year long if I can.

I love your pictures/kites. We all do!