KiteLife Forum

OMG!

Brilongenecker

Well had to get back to reality and head to work. I wasn't able to get another before I had to pack up. This move is so tough. Starting it is easy enough, now that I feel pretty comfortable with half axels, but giving and keeping enough slack after the second input is so tough. My brain needs to be able to split so I can remember to walk forward after I do the input. Sure was fun to get once though.

Happy trails and wind filled sails!

• Like 1

Yup, I can only Taz 'by accident', if I think about it, I screw something up. Some tricks I can do on purpose, some I get into to compensate for oversteer, like ' I meant to do that...'. And some happen by accident. It's all fun, until you get frustrated trying to do something on purpose, but it won't come out.

I went out a bit more and almost got it again a few more times, but just wasn't letting the nose get up enough before that 2nd input or I'd throw too much line and the nose flew way up and over. Im gonna get though. So fun! By the way Rob, I really am inspired by your videos! I love how you normally have the kite and you in the shot. Can see inputs really clearly that way. Keep it up man!

Happy trails and wind filled sails!

Thanks for enjoying the stuff I've posted... glad to hear that they're useful. I watched everything I could to learn how to fly, as I rarely fly with anyone else. Kite flying is just not very popular where I live, although the conditions are great for flying. I don't know if you've seen this channel on uToob, but watching his flying helped me to figure some stuff out...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC45aylYXpJ1u1Yu0ANtQANw

In my last post I mentioned getting 'frustrated' with trying new moves... if you get to that point, relax... go back to moves that you're comfortable with. A good example is the Side-Slide. Seems simple, probably one of the first tricks a new pilot learns, right ? In reality, I think it's the easiest trick to do, but the toughest to master. Flying straight, 90* lines is another thing that never gets old. Snap-stalls. Landing on purpose, with purpose... All this stuff adds up, and when you can throw in a Taz here & there, wow !

Enjoy !

• Like 4