mywindstuff

Wakefield NE. Kite Festival and Hot Air Balloon Festival

My Wind Stuff will be hosting the first Family Kite Festival in Wakefield NE at the High School at 802 Highland St. , October 16,17,18 . We will start a short demo show on Friday afternoon up until the Hot Air Balloons launch around 4:30 then continue all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday. We will be displaying many large promotional pieces as well as teaching dual line and quad line basics . We always have a large selection of kites on hand for sale as well as offering kite repairs for most brands. Their should be plenty of space to fly even during the balloon launches in separate fields. The community ìs having a parade , craftshow , car show , 5k run/walk . Wakefield is not too far from Souix City Iowa or Omaha Nebraska , this is a great opportunity to come and show off your kites and flying talents to a community that sees very little kite flying. Let's help inspire these folks to the great world of Kiting! Free admission !Contact Curt at My Wind Stuff 785-483-1309 for additional information.

• Like 1

We would like to Thank all that attended the kite festival in Wakefield , Saturday was a huge success! Once again a couple hundred new kite flyers , of which have never flown a kite at all. Even introduced 2 new men into the Revolution world. Who said farmers don't fly kites!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By Deb
      Update:
      ==
      Helping my dad sell kites to reduce his collection. Many are new or nearly new. 
      The two pictures are of the list. Prices are TBD. Inquiries and requests for pictures welcome.
      No longer available: #1-5 (Beetles), #6-7 (Illusion 2000), #15 (Yin Yang), #28 (Wren).
      In process: #33-34 (Mirage). Working on price for interested party to respond.
      Only one E2 will be sold (#11 or 12) and only one Fanatic will be sold (#13 or 14).

• By vnkite
      If you are curious about Vietnamese kites, looking for Vietnam kite festival news etc., here's the link: http://dieusao.com
      It's the Vietnam Flute Kite forum. Though all members post articles and comments in Vietnamese, you may use Google Translation to understand their meanings.
      Have fun with kites world-wide!

• By vnkite
      Let's enjoy the most interesting shoots about kite flying...
      ... coming from Vietnam Kite community!
      The best video of kites ever, do you think so?
    • By happysuperbutton
      Got one thnx!
      Wanting to buy a used Revolution kite!
      Eyeing a 1.5 B-series, midvent, 3wrap. Since it's gonna be a first ever quad, I'll also be looking for handles and lines.
      Preference for local deals so we could meet up and skip the hassle of packing for shipping and all that extra effort.
      Feel free to PM me too, thanks all and really appreciate it!
      Also looking for any 1.5 style rev (Reflex, Classic, vented, etc.) If you're thinking of letting one of your revs go, pm me please! Has to be RTF.
    • By happysuperbutton
      Hi all
      I'm aware the go-to material for quads like revs are the 3/4oz icarex ripstop nylon.
      But anyone can help with determining the thread count and density of such .75oz ripstop rev sails use? Assuming 1sqm or sqf.

Thanks much!
  • Upcoming Events