mywindstuff

Wakefield NE. Kite Festival and Hot Air Balloon Festival

2 posts in this topic

My Wind Stuff will be hosting the first Family Kite Festival in Wakefield NE at the High School at 802 Highland St. , October 16,17,18 . We will start a short demo show on Friday afternoon up until the Hot Air Balloons launch around 4:30 then continue all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday. We will be displaying many large promotional pieces as well as teaching dual line and quad line basics . We always have a large selection of kites on hand for sale as well as offering kite repairs for most brands. Their should be plenty of space to fly even during the balloon launches in separate fields. The community ìs having a parade , craftshow , car show , 5k run/walk . Wakefield is not too far from Souix City Iowa or Omaha Nebraska , this is a great opportunity to come and show off your kites and flying talents to a community that sees very little kite flying. Let's help inspire these folks to the great world of Kiting! Free admission !Contact Curt at My Wind Stuff 785-483-1309 for additional information.

1 person likes this

We would like to Thank all that attended the kite festival in Wakefield , Saturday was a huge success! Once again a couple hundred new kite flyers , of which have never flown a kite at all. Even introduced 2 new men into the Revolution world. Who said farmers don't fly kites!

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By happysuperbutton
      Wanting to buy a used Revolution kite!
      Eyeing a 1.5 B-series, midvent, 3wrap. Since it's gonna be a first ever quad, I'll also be looking for handles and lines.
      Preference for local deals so we could meet up and skip the hassle of packing for shipping and all that extra effort.
      Feel free to PM me too, thanks all and really appreciate it!
      Also looking for any 1.5 style rev (Reflex, Classic, vented, etc.) If you're thinking of letting one of your revs go, pm me! Has to be RTF.
    • By happysuperbutton
      Hi all
      I'm aware the go-to material for quads like revs are the 3/4oz icarex ripstop nylon.
      But anyone can help with determining the thread count and density of such .75oz ripstop rev sails use? Assuming 1sqm or sqf.

Thanks much!
    • By Edmond Dragut
      hello, i try to find a Revolution indoor. i will consider if it is a stack to.
      Thank you 
    • By Dunoyer
      Discover the best kiteboarding movies the 2016-2017 season has to offer, celebrating amateur stories as well as industry videos.  The films will be shown on the big screen at the premiere kiteboarding beach in Boston: Pleasure Bay. The audience will be the Academy of Kiteboarding Films.  The votes will be cast and tallied on the spot with the winners announced that very night!  
      The committee (Kiteboard Junkies) will curate the best and most appropriate films to compile a 90 minute program with statues awarded to the top videos in the following categories:
      -Best Industry Video
      -Best Male Video
      -Best Female Video
      -Best Amateur Video
      -Best Documentary
      -Best Local Video
      Submissions are now open!  We are looking for films that show passion for kiteboarding and the lifestyle. If you have made a kiteboarding movie, the work has merit and the filming is well done, be it an industry video or an amateur kite film - we are interested in viewing it!
      Due to this format, films must be under 5 minutes in length.
      To apply, send an email to kiteboardfilmfest@gmail.com and please include:
      Your contact information.
      Tell us where you are from and list any websites or organizations you belong to.
      Include a link to the website, YouTube, Vimeo, or ftp download.  If you would like to send us your submission instead, let us know.
      Submission deadline: July 25
      If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
      For more information, check our facebook page:
      https://www.facebook.com/InternationalKiteboardingFilmFestival
      All are welcome to join us in Boston at Pleasure Bay, August 22nd 2017!

• By John Barresi
      Hi all - putting up another fun raffle item as part of our fund raising efforts for the coming off season... It's almost extra special, seeing as there are no more B-Series being made and there are only 225 tickets available!

(NOTE: prize is STD in lime combo, as pictured)
      NO subscription required to enter, you just need raffle tickets... We'll be drawing ONE winning ticket as soon as all tickets are sold for this brand new, never flown Revolution B-Series STD directly from the KiteLife prize basket - what's included?
      B-Series STD sail in lime / combo (hand-signed by JB, can personalize) OPTIONAL upgrades ($): LE tabs, Wear Strips and/or 2nd Stitch 13" handles w/ Pro leaders 2 wrap frame 3 wrap frame Kite sleeve DVD I have personally opened this package, swapped TK's pro leaders onto the handles and made sure everything is properly configured to fly well... This package is almost ready to fly - just add your even length quad lines, drive your stake into the ground, put the handles over it and walk downwind.
      Note, this is not a B-Series PRO, it's a pure factory model in custom colors but it becomes fairly "Pro-esque" if all the upgrades are done.
      Tickets are $5 each (via PayPal/Visa/MC/Discover/AmEx), 225 tickets are available, we'll use a numbered spreadsheet and ticket numbers will be issued accordingly, drawing shortly after the last ticket (#225) is sold using the same random method as our regular subscriber drawings - and we will ship anywhere in the world, all entries are welcome!
      -- Click here to buy your tickets! --
      (link does not work on TapaTalk - use web browser)
      As always, TK and I extend our deepest thanks for your support, past and current - we wouldn't be able to do what we do without you.
  • Upcoming Events