KiteLife Forum

An educational year, and more to come...

Figured I'd check in with you to share a quick overview on the educational efforts I've put in on both dual and quad line sport kites this year... As of right now, it looks like I'll be finishing the year having done a total 26 days of private lessons (10 students) and six standalone workshops/clinics (over 70 students) around the country, with a tremendous amount of growth across the board.

post-1-0-80120100-1443805274_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-92501800-1443805312_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-49754700-1443805313_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-26715700-1443805314_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-99457900-1443805314_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-56351100-1443805315_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-19282100-1443805316_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-79738600-1443805316_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-44399500-1443805317_thumb.jpg

I've been doing workshops since 2005, and am extremely proud of the amount of information and vocabulary we've developed to relate over 25 years of recreational, performance and competitive experience to new pursuing both individual and team disciplines, flying either dual or quad line kites.

If you're curious about the results, I encourage you to browse some of my testimonials!

Next year, I've had a lot of demand for expanded programs including more private lessons and regular clinics, as well as the addition of repeated team clinic sessions (regular 5 pilots + me) in at least 2-3 classes/groups, more dual line clinics and other more topic-specific areas like urban flying.

I'm really excited about what the new year will bring... While you can always contact me directly fto schedule private lessons, you can also stay apprised of upcoming classes using any of the following links:

• Forum (register and click "Follow this forum")
  • Facebook (subscribe to events)
  • RSS (need an RSS reader to view)
  • iCal (adds events to your calendar)
If you've experiencing any of these programs already and you're so inclined, please share a few of your thoughts and experiences with us here.

Thanks to all of you for your ongoing support, ever onward and upward! ;)

• Like 2

I did attend my first Rev clinic with John just last month. I will say that it was a worthy investment and my flying (since I am brand new to quad line) is off on the right foot. I was worried that being a new flyer, that I would be left out or forgotten. Not so - John took every student at their own level and everyone improved by the end. I want more and plan to attend more clinics next year! Hoping the schedule is published soon as time off from work is getting harder to schedule on short notice :-)

• Like 1

More dual line clinics...yes please! Hopefully with a little team flying thrown in as well. After my first taste of dual line team flying with you at WSIKF, I am now hungry for more. It was super fun. What will it take to get you down to the Bay Area for a dual line clinic? I should probably start with drumming up some interest for one down here, shouldn't I?

Thanks for all you do in sharing so much helpful information with kitefliers.

• Like 3