Trip

WTBT JS Hummingbird

8 posts in this topic

I'm an old school kind of kite flyer and I really love the old sport kites made by Joel Scholz when he had Sky Delights.

Anyone have a Hummingbird sport kite made by JS and Sky Delights (not GFAK) that they would be willing to sell or trade for?

PM me here or email at robert@hilliard.ws

Thanks

Robert

1 person likes this

Yep.... that's the one, John. JS also did the hummingbird in a pinkish color. Hard to tell from a pic whether it's an actual JS or GFAK.

You're right.... the Luna Moth is a favorite also.... The Luna Moth and the Corona are a different design of sport kite that JS did back in the day. Of the bird design sport kite, JS created the Kestrel, Jaws, Neptune and Hummingbird. They have the same distinctive middle tail. I'd like to find a decent Hummingbird to complete the collection.

Maybe some day I can collect all sport kites JS designed and created.

1 person likes this

I love the Sky Delight kites. I have the Kestrel, Jaws, Neptune and Hummingbird. Missing the Luna Moth. Would love to find one some day, either the regular or the ultra-light version. I also have the Butterfighter and the Alien single line kites. Always looking for one more.

Know what you mean photomom. That's cool that you have all four of the bird design sport kites. I have the Kestrel, Jaws and Neptune. In fact, I have two Neptunes (matching pair). I'd like to trade one of the Neptunes for a Hummingbird to complete the collection. Then, (like you), I'd like to get a Luna Moth and Corona.

I have always loved Joel Scholz's designs, especially in the sport kite realm. I also happen to love the Prism sport kites.

Hi everyone! I was fortunate enough to find a JKS Neptune from Trip! Thanks Trip....now i have the bug.....IF someone has the JAWS .... I would love it!!!!!!!! PHOTOMOM? Anyone? ... any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

On 10/16/2015 at 4:45 PM, photomom said:

I love the Sky Delight kites. I have the Kestrel, Jaws, Neptune and Hummingbird. Missing the Luna Moth. Would love to find one some day, either the regular or the ultra-light version. I also have the Butterfighter and the Alien single line kites. Always looking for one more.

Would you be interested in parting with JAWS? 

Sorry. JAWS is staying home with me. Good luck with your search.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

1 person likes this