KiteLife Forum

Hello from Montevideo URUGUAY

CACOUY

My name is Carlos (aka CACO) and I am 46 y/o from Montevideo UY .. I am new in this kite world!

Last year I bought one dual line stunt kite and a stowaway parafoil and I have a lot of fun flying them.

I usually fly in Punta del Este and José ignacio beaches, average winds 10knots

Now I want to upgrade to a quad Rev! Pls feel free to give me tips or suggestions.

best regards to all

caco

• Like 2

Hi, Carlos and welcome to the forum.

You will love flying a Revolution kite once you learn basic control. For winds that average around 10 knots a standard sail is appropriate. It will handle wind from 4 knots to about 15 knots easily, and as you gain experience that range will increase. Which model you select in a standard (non-vented) sail depends on how much money you wish to spend. Google revkites.com and click on the products tab to see what is made and feel free to contact the company by telephone or e-mail for pricing. Kite stores on-line, and eBay are another good place to look. For a complete, RTF (ready to fly) package including kite, frame, case, lines and handles, expect to pay about $240US up to about $650US depending on the model you select. All of the 1.5 size kites can do the same things, the price differences result from the amount of time required to sew the sail, the frame you select and the overall durability and "professional" features. Most people start with an SLE model and expand their collection later, when and if they can appreciate (feel) the difference. The standard sail is not vented. To fly in stronger wind than 15 knots most people prefer a vented kite (three choices, depending on wind speed).

If you have any specific questions, no matter how trivial, please ask and we will all do our best to help you get started. Welcome to the family.

• Like 1

Welcome Caco!

I'm not even a month in flying and I have found the people very welcoming and insightful. My recommendation would be to read as much as you can here and watch the videos over and over, and then read some more. This will help reduce the learning curve once you have your kite in hand and get you to where you are actually flying the kite sooner.

-Rabbit

• Like 1

Folks!! I am so exited! Last Friday I talked to Lolly from Rev and I believe will receive my first brand new 1.5 next week!!! I can describe with english words what I am feeling !!

A very good friend of mine is in NYC and will bring it to me... I am in Montevideo URUGUAY.

bs rgds!! and Happy Sunday to all of you

• Like 2