KiteLife Forum

Rev 1 vs Blast 2-4

DeafThunder

I am back and (laughing) had a great battle against high wind (new record, 24mph ... avg 17mph) ... I told myself that one more flight of each before going home ... flew oZone ... done ... flew Thunder's (my B-Series kite nickname) then Thunder landed hard that cracked bottom right vertical end cap into hollow rod piece and the rod/spar shot into the air like a missile ... I am pretty sure that Thunder is done for the day (laughing) ...

... Thunder's fine and will have to wait for new part, before flying again :)

post-10149-0-16139900-1447369346_thumb.p

Q: What is the difference between rod and spar ? (if same, then I chose rod, because spar is for martial arts)

I probably won't reply again tonight, due video editing and AT&T DSL's upload speed is painstakingly slow.

Thanks makatakam ... that is good to know.

John B ... that is beautiful flying there.

SparkieRob ... thanks for the tips.

• Like 1

Rod / spar - same thing

In a single, I wouldn't consider the Rev 1 as a power kite, stacked, it might be a different story!

On the converting to "no-snags" with regular handles - yes you can do just the bottoms, but it is pretty easy to do both tops and bottoms. Over on the Rev forum is a video by Watty on doing it using the "Stone in Shoe Bob" method. Simple to do, I've probably done 4-5 sets this way and they've lasted for years. I favor them over stockers because it is one less moving part (hog rings) on the handle and creates a direct link to the kite. Does pretty much what you've done, only it still uses the full length of the handle.

• Like 2

Had the SuperBlast (older version of the PowerBlast 2-4) out for a spin today. Wind: variable, 9-13 mph. Almost laid me down a couple of times. That's my B-Pro midvent in the background.

post-7138-0-74580100-1447638637_thumb.jp

Photo courtesy of Bill Meier, basicbill on the forums.

• Like 3

Had the SuperBlast (older version of the PowerBlast 2-4) out for a spin today. Wind: variable, 9-13 mph. Almost laid me down a couple of times. That's my B-Pro midvent in the background.

attachicon.gif12250489.jpg

Photo courtesy of Bill Meier, basicbill on the forums.

Great picture. You can see how loaded the sail is & it appears that the breeze is pretty stout. It looks like you must be on the handles ready to hot launch straight up into the power zone which will really kick in when you accelerate upward. Speed equals power in these kites & you have the throttle. When I fly mine in higher wind fatigue becomes a factor after awhile. Then I switch to my mid-vent B which I would have parked waiting just as in the picture. Love this stuff!

Yeah, I weigh a whole 140 pounds, so it can be a handful. It's not too bad if I fly it with a ton of brake. Only launched during the lulls, but it still caught me off-guard a couple of times. Ten to fifteen minutes with that puppy is all I want to handle. The other guys I flew with had a Blast!