KiteLife Forum

Limited access

G'day all.

I'm having some access issues. 

Through the Tapatalk app, I enter my login details and it starts to process but it just never logs in. Tried several different times. Tried deleting off favourites and reselecting them. I've even deleted and reinstalled the app. None works. 

I've tried to find the IPS Communities app, but it's no longer available. 

Even using my Safari web browser on my iPhone, I can log in but can't comment on any posts. I can like a post. If this goes up, I can start a new post. 

Edit function through pc works.

I'll have to wait half the day to try on a real computer. 

This new forum system has come so far that I'm actually considering importing the whole KL magazine archive into a blog module here... Single integrated platform for everything, finally one actual website instead of two that I'm always trying to coax into working together (blog and forum). :)

• Like 2

Woo hoo! Tapatalk is back online, just needed to update the plugin to match the new forum version.

FYI, you know there have been advertisements that load when using Tapatalk... I just figured out how to disable them so they don't appear to KiteLife Subscribers, less clutter for the folks who help keep the lights on. ;)

• Like 2

Woo hoo! Tapatalk is back online, just needed to update the plugin to match the new forum version.

FYI, you know there have been advertisements that load when using Tapatalk... I just figured out how to disable them so they don't appear to KiteLife Subscribers, less clutter for the folks who help keep the lights on.

Yup, tapatalk works. Only you get all these weird forum shortcuts or language. Check out your post I just quoted.

Aaaaaaaand we're back in the game. Cheers big fella! I really appreciate the effort getting Tapatalk back. 99.9% of my total forum access is via it. Not just Kitelife but the others as well. Makes a quick comment to a post super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John Barresi said:

Looks like a costly migration ($650) due to the sheer volume of data to migrate (thousands of posts), but I think it would be worth it in the long run.

No problems working from PC, although some procedures have changed, I'm sure we'll all get used to them eventually.

$650 is less than $2 per subscriber, which I would have no problem paying -- even ten times that much. 35 subscribers willing to donate $20 will make it happen. Even raising the subscription price to $34.95 for only the year 2016 would cover it too.

Just some thoughts to consider.

• Like 1

@RobB

the "Am I missing something" topic

On Tapatalk, Chrome and Safari there is no option to reply. The "be the first to reply" is grey and not activational. 

Is the topic read only? Can this be selected? I've included a screen shot  

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

I really appreciate y'all posting the feedback... We've had our Raflle and 50% off subscriptions promo going for a few days, and only today did someone let me know that the PayPal gateway hadn't been working.

Any and all testing feedback is treasured and appreciated. ;)

On 11/27/2015, 2:06:25, makatakam said:

No problems working from PC, although some procedures have changed, I'm sure we'll all get used to them eventually.

$650 is less than $2 per subscriber, which I would have no problem paying -- even ten times that much. 35 subscribers willing to donate $20 will make it happen. Even raising the subscription price to $34.95 for only the year 2016 would cover it too.

I'll volunteer to be one of the 35. Add some to my subscriptions for next year. Whatever you need, JB.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2015, 2:06:25, makatakam said:

I'll volunteer to be one of the 35. Add some to my subscriptions for next year. Whatever you need, JB.

+1

• Like 2

test, test    I noticed my post count mysteriously increased by more than thirty.  Hmmm....   I have been a bit corn-fused with some of the changes but have also had a very poor wifi connection.  Most other campers left the campground today so now I have less of an issue on the web.  Great day at the beach.  Danged if the 4D didn't get a good thrashing again.  Flew the Zen in dicey conditions to some success.  It showed me it's stuff.  But I digress.  KiteLife is still the best.

• Like 4

@John Barresi another small glitch I guess, on Tapatalk you can mark a topic "read" with pressing the sign. Now after refresh, it brings the topic back as if unread.

Couldn't replicate this. I did the one step and two step ways of marking as read.

I'll go through this post and revisit all of the mentioned glitches to see if they are gone.