KiteLife Forum

Monster Std.--back in the bag. **withdrawn**

This is going back in the bag. Thanks for looking.

I am selling my home-built Monster std. in order to fund other toys. This is a great kite designed by Christian Derefat and built by me. It is built to the designers original specifications:

Leading edge: 6mm pultruded (one piece)
Upper Spreader:  6mm pultruded
Spine:  6mm pultruded
Lower spreader: Skyshark 5pt black diamond 
Sail: Icarex and Mylar with Icarex pinstripes. LE is Dacron. APA fittings with RSky Center-T. Nose is Bisonyl.
And yes, that is polyester florescent yellow contrasting thread!

It has the Derefat feel that some of his other designs have. Very tricky, great jacobs ladders and super pitchy. 

This kite is a real looker. The only build flaw is that my machine dropped the pointed-part of three stitches in two of the pinstripes--only noticeable if you look for them. Look hard in the last picture.

No holes, tears, or any heavy wear; the kite is over all in really good shape. I have been home building like crazy and have more kites than I can fly.

Asking $190 plus shipping (keep in mind the one piece LEs may make shipping a few dollars more than normal--not sure about this though).

Please don't hesitate to ask questions.

IMG_20151201_160421694_zpstnxtsfcf.jpgIMG_20151201_160503748_zps1aq6ttx0.jpgIMG_20151201_160711142_HDR_zpsimzamwzo.j

• Like 1

Just wondering, I'm not up on the Monster... is it a full sized kite ?  I'm counting the boards in your deck to estimate size, but can't tell if they're 4" or 6" boards... 

I do love the looks of the kite, the choices in colors & even the thread are spectacular !