KiteLife Forum

Tricks From Above - Dual-Line Kite Video

Palmahnic

Dear forum,

I want to share with you a video I made, a project really. This project took me about six months, four locations, 2 continents, 3 kites, 1 Xiaomi Yi sport camera, one John Lenon, some improvisation, and a lot of patience.

The idea was to make a video of stunt kite tricks from a completely new perspective. The innovation of filming from the kite's perspective has an added value, meaning the simple fact of seeing everything from the other side, watching the affect of the lines on the kite, having a  closer look on the work of the bridle, etc. Also, I hope that the international locations would add even more color to the backdrop, as it were.

I'm no master in kite tricking. On the contrary, I bow my head to the masters and veterans, from whom I still have a lot to learn. But I do want to contribute to this incredible sport and its amazing international community, which I have grown to love and appreciate over the last two years. I hope that in some small way, I'm doing my part in growing the sport, drawing more followers to it, and possibly shedding a new, although possibly pocket size, light on things. 

I had a lot of fun making it. I hope you enjoy watching it.

http://youtu.be/89vmM2UUzag

• Like 3