KiteLife Forum

Extreme Precise movements

DeafThunder

I kinda wish someone add "weather forecast and location" to the video 

I have to say that this video's weather must be very straight and steady uni-direction wind for a long period of time ... correct ?

Unlikely like my weather which is full of yo-yo mutli-direction wind for bunch of short times (like inland like my place in bowling green ky)

how long do you think this lines are ? ... I know that the short the lines, the less it stretches or bounces, another word ... extreme responsive ?

:::answer is at the end:::

• Like 2

Guess I've been watching kite flying videos for several years now.  Early on I was impressed with the skill displayed but really had no clue as to what was going on.  I too wanted to know more of the specifics of each video.  Then, as I read more & flew more, I began to understand that my inland winds were never going to be ideal.  Looking at the wide flat mostly treeless landscape in the video I realize what a great spot that he has found for kite flying.  Also I could not comprehend the slack line dualie tricks but the Rev flying was easier to view.  So I worked on both.  As time has passed I found that my skills slowly improved.  But I now I know that I will have to develop several styles to take advantage of my changing sketchy flying conditions.  Still working on that I am.   SHBKF

• Like 1

If you watch the video VERY, VERY closely you can clearly see that:

1. The kite is a Revolution Polo Series1 Vented

2. The frame is Revolution Race Rods

3. The lines are Laser Pro Gold 120 feet x 90 pounds

4. The wind is steady at 9 miles per hour

5. The camera is a Kodak Playsport at wide angle setting

It does take a well-trained eye to see these details in the video. It takes years of patient, painstaking study to develop the skill to do this. It does not come easily to most people and takes incredible devotion to the sport and dedication to the pursuit of knowledge including the use of advanced mathematical formulas. Close observation of natural phenomena, laborious note-taking, and statistical correlation of data is an absolute necessity.

Or you can just watch the end of the video.

• Like 2

@makatakam ... "The wind is steady at 9 miles per hour" ... that is ONE of the MAIN key to flying kite precisely ... 

maybe I guess I just need these to have a "STEADY" wind :P

48-inch-fans-and-CR60.jpg

about that video I recognize the kite "RevPolo" ... extreme precise ...

is this possible / true ? 

I feel like that I can get that precise, if i fly near beach or "100% consist one direction wind" location (if I can find one, maybe on the top of the mountain ...LOL) ... because I practice and fight SO HARD to hold it still while the wind and the direction is non-stop fluctuating 

baseball field recreation park and farmland all together ... 20 minutes to drive ... just don't feel like to go allllllllllllll the waaaaaaaaaaaaay over there ... I kept telling myself ... it will be WORTH IT ... it will be WORTH IT ... I probably go there on the next few days ... there is a closer (creek) recreational park 8 minutes to drive ... "trees" recreation park (same park where the photo of 4 kites)

funny thing is ... (joking) I don't want to touch this mid-vent Revolution B-Series (is this right "Rev B" for short ?) ... I feel like I am flying like paper with dental floss ... (laughing) ... now I want a "full sail" B-Series with fiber glass reflector sticks for high wind ...

Good grief at 15+ mph wind ... I LOVE THE BLAST 2-4 ... I gotta back off some and be equally with all 4 kites together ... flying Rev 1 with green race rods ... it's VERY NICE ... and springy, too ... it does acts like a Rev B

• Like 1

I have actually tried flying in the air of banks of large exhaust fans.  Limited window, short lines & your own wind shadow is noticeable.  You can find these winds at greenhouses & large factories.  Have not been asked to leave either of those type locations....yet.  SHBKF

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DeafThunder said:

@SHBKF 

Does that helps alot to be "STILL" ?

I don't know, kites make me want to boogie.  So I am always moving to some degree.  But each time you pass low in front of your body the kites slows a little as the shadow swirls the wind.  The fans did not have much air flow very high.  Mostly the air seemed to be fifteen feet or lower.  Also the wind did not extend out very far.  Nature's wind is much more powerful.  Our efforts seem so puny compared to it.  SHBKF

(laughing) I am surprised that my guess is correct on what you said ... I guess the final answer is NASA wind tunnel

hey, I said that I don't want the rope ... I need heavy-duty CHAINS ... chain me to the floor :P I'll fly it ... LOL ... it still scares me (laughing wimpy) ...  I will chose NASA's wind tunnel over toyko's sewer ... I definitely do not want to be in that sewer room (ran away).

(laughing)

214130main_iotw-022208-hi.jpg

g-cans-tokyo-97.jpg

The air from a wind tunnel is surprisingly swirly. It still needs to be corrected. Think of a whole wall made of pipes layed on top of each other so the wind can travel through them. It is this that give "lab grade" linear wind.

The on shore wind at the beach is the closest in nature and is worth the trip at least once.

Dirty wind is a challenge but adds an extra element of fun too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SparkieRob said:

The on shore wind at the beach is the closest in nature and is worth the trip at least once.

Dirty wind is a challenge but adds an extra element of fun too.

I figured shore wind is the best ... or salt land flat ... or the tornado alley ...

Dirty wind ... if you using shore wind ... then swap with me for couple week 6 times a year :)