KiteLife Forum

Too much mish mash about mushy mesh = messy mulch!

hyzakite

I know there is a way of clicking on the picture to get to the other pictures in that folder. I received those kites already built, but I believe the perforated material is purchased that way. I've had the kite for several years and there is no wear on the material, I believe it is a light weight Cordura. I know there is real good mesh on the market, but buying it is another thing. The blue mesh swimming pool skimmer bags are made out of is well made mesh and marine grade mesh used on yacht screened rooms and windows that holds up very well.

14 hours ago, Wayne Dowler said:

click on the pic, then click on the "full size" button bottom left. Opens the photobucket account to see more pix. At least it did the first time I tried that.

I did that once but was unable to do it again. But, by going to the url address and removing the stuff in front of the word photobucket I was able to get to the file.

On another note, mesh failure is usually caused by abuse, like in the ol' days doing J-marks on the street was cool, as is doing dive stops or flic-flacks with a rev. But what is really happening to the kite? Sudden changes in direction has stress somewhere or another. The weakest link in that event is the mesh. Kinda like what happened to people in the wild west when they got caught stealing horses, they did a dive stop permanently, it wasn't good for the body, why do it to your kite?

Another complaint is the fold points on the rev being tough on the mesh, but in fact, the fold points are merely a mind set. There is nothing in the rule books that state you must fold a kite in the same place over and over again. You can actually take the sticks out of the kite and crumple the kite into a ball if you want to. There isn't any rules that state the kite must go into a sleeve, take the sticks out and toss the kite in the trunk of the car, toss it on the back seat.