KiteLife Forum

Karma - iPrey Glider (2/6/16)

bbailey49

Alright, my Karma-Inclined ornithologist friends.  As promised your next drawing brings a raptor sighting.  

With a great deal of thanks to AKA President John Lutter and Kite Stop, his awesome shop in Titusville, Florida, I am pleased to announce that the next drawing will be for an iPrey Glider Kite.  These are hand-made by Patrick Tan in Singapore.  They are described as "Indoor" kites, but I have seen them flown outside as much as inside.  As long as there is no real wind, you can have a blast with them anywhere.  The winner will get to choose between the Blue Fusion and Pink Fusion color options.  Go HERE to check out their description on the Kite Stop website (a great source for kiting stuff if one is unable to actually get to his brick and mortar storefront).

iPrey Indoor Kite (Blue Fusion)

iPrey Indoor Kite (Pink Fusion)

The RNG will select the winner sometime on February 6th (if it gets later in the day and I haven't announced a winner, someone shoot me a reminder message).  All you have to do to enter is post "I'm in" or some variation thereof.  I'm not going to be picky.  

Standard Karma Note from the Moderators (ME!)

This is a Karma Drawing. The winner of the drawing is expected to pay it forward by offering their own prize for the next drawing. Please do not enter unless you are willing to offer your own prize, preferably not the prize you just won. Drawings should be open for entry approximately 2 weeks, and the next drawing should be posted as soon as possible to keep the Karma rolling.

These drawings are run by and for KiteLife members. The moderating team only ensures that your drawing post contains all of the pertinent information (drawing date/time, adequate prize description, drawing rules) before approval.

If you are a KiteLife forum member from the US or Canada, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber. Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost.

The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

Here is the link to the original Rules and Guidelines thread: http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5426-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

The mechanism for the drawing itself is entirely at the discretion of the person offering the prize. In the past, entry number has been determined either by order of entry or by the post number in which the member declares entry into the drawing. The drawings have been performed using the RNG method (http://www.random.org/sequences/) or by choosing the numbers out of a hat (I believe an adorable daughter did the picking in that scenario). The only requirement is that the method of selection is clearly spelled out in the drawing post.

Entry into the drawings is done by STARTING a post in the drawing thread with the entry phrase chosen by the drawing host (Traditionally "I'm in", but "I LIKE" has been used as well). In order to remove any confusion or misinterpretation, only entries with posts that START with the phrase will be considered. As with all other KiteLife drawings, bantering is encouraged. This is for fun after all.

1. cerfvoliste

2. jeepinjeepin

3. RobB

4. John Barresi

5. zachprism01

6. mywindstuff 

7. 3wrapframe

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jeepinjeepin said:

I'm in in a big kind of way. If the karma comes my way would I have the option of buying the other and having them shipped together?

I was kinda thinking about buying the one not chosen for myself, but if the winner wants to buy the other one, I will gladly step aside and allow that to happen. John has been kind enough to place them both on hold for the duration of the drawing. It seems very fitting from a karma standpoint that they both end up being sold as a result of the drawing. 

• Like 2

I'm in ! I could really use a new indoor kite on a day like this... closing in on 20" of snow, and no sign of letting up ! The living room is the only place to fly for the next couple of days ! Can't wait to fly in the fluff in a couple of days, though...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dragonfish said:

Awesome prize!  If I didn't already have one, I would totally enter this drawing.  Great little kite for when you just have to fly and are stuck at home or don't have time to go out.  

They don't play well with ceiling fans, though. :unsure:

• Like 1

A stationary ceiling fan is just another obstacle, like a bookshelf or a chair. :lol: 

Actually, I've found that if there is a ceiling fan in the room, it helps to lower your elevation.  Kneel on the floor, or sit on a chair.  That gets you lower so you have more space between you and the ceiling/fan.  

12 hours ago, dragonfish said:

A stationary ceiling fan is just another obstacle, like a bookshelf or a chair. :lol: 

Actually, I've found that if there is a ceiling fan in the room, it helps to lower your elevation.  Kneel on the floor, or sit on a chair.  That gets you lower so you have more space between you and the ceiling/fan.  

"stationary" is the key word there.  Forgetting to make the fan stationary, then flying your iFlite right into it.  Not the best outcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • bbailey49 unpinned and locked this topic