KiteLife Forum

WEB SITES?

hyzakite

Good advice to make sure your machine is clean, but I suspect your browser is mis-interpreting a script on the page. What browser are you using ? It may be that your security levels are turned up too high if you're using Internet Explorer. Try using another browser, like Chrome or Firefox. Kitelife seems to work best using either of those two, Internet Explorer doesn't like the Kitelife site, especially if you are using an older version. A .json file is a script, similar to Java.

• Like 2

Not seeing that on my end, logged in or out... Anyone else?

If it's occurring in more than one place, it'll be easier for me to dial in.

A screenshot would be welcome too, along with browser info.

Could also have to do with an software upgrade we did yesterday, still working on it - as evidenced by the visible code in the right sidebar of this page where our ads should be. :(

Ok, at the bottom of my screen comes a yellow long box that says "Do you want to open or save 5FGZEEFW.json from kitelife.com?" That's what is in the yellow box at the bottom of my screen. On the right side of the box it has choices to open save cancel and an x just to remove that message, but if I click on or try to move further in the site a new box opens and asks me if I want to open or save the .json stuff from kitelife. To me the ".json"  is the constant while the letters and numbers before the .json changes. So to me the .json came from somewhere that only appears at the kitelife website. So someone must know something about .json  and why it's showing up as a choice to open or save. or cancel. I just leave it on the screen, But I want to know why it's happening lately. I know there is some computer wizkids here that know what's happening. What is .json and why am I being confronted with the question to open save or cancel this file?

So it's dang cold tonight with no prospect of flying a kite anytime soon.  So I am reading this interesting topic.

At this location, out here in the sticks, I too once had a party line.  We didn't call it hacking way back then but someone spliced into my line about two miles away.  They used it carefully & had free phone for quite some time.  I finally called the investigator after about getting kicked out of my home by an irate spouse who heard someone talking to a lady one night....  but not really on this topic.  Just a little story for your amusement.  

SHBKF

16 hours ago, RobB said:

http://www.json.org/

It is important to say which browser you're using. More than likely, I would guess your browser is out of date (like Internet Explorer 8), and doesn't understand the fancy Kitelife page, that's why you're not seeing the page the way it was intended. 

So what is that web site you have in your post? I think my pc is just asking me if I want to open or save certain sites. I'm not sure what internet explorer I have, I think it might be 11. But even when I tried to open malwarebytes it asked me if I wanted to open or save that site. So I didn't do anything, I just left the site.

Hyzakite,

It has to do with Javascript and Ajax requests. It seems to happen only with IE. It's happening on my IE11 but not my four other browsers.

I don't us IE often, however I'd imagine the problem has to do with one or a combo of the forum updates JB mentioned and IE, Java compatibility of sorts.

kl_screen-shot.jpg

1 hour ago, hyzakite said:

So what is that web site you have in your post? I think my pc is just asking me if I want to open or save certain sites. I'm not sure what internet explorer I have, I think it might be 11. But even when I tried to open malwarebytes it asked me if I wanted to open or save that site. So I didn't do anything, I just left the site.

The website explains what a .json file is...

I guess it's something I can just ignore by clicking on the x. And I'm wondering if I did select open I might see the SITE SPONSORS which has been blank for about the same amount of time I've been receiving the .json messages. And if I did click open I would see more things on this site. So I guess all is good and is nothing to worry about.