KiteLife Forum

KARMA - 2 Hand crafted kite stakes (3/13/16)

T in WI

Free drawing for 2 hand crafted kite stakes by myself and a wood hand turned pen as a bonus. These items are all crafted on a small wood lathe.

Step away from the common golf ball stakes and stand out in the crowd.  See rules below...

The RNG will select the winner sometime on March 13th  All you have to do to enter is post "I'm in" or some variation thereof.                               

20160228_084826.jpg

Standard Karma Note from the Moderators

This is a Karma Drawing. The winner of the drawing is expected to pay it forward by offering their own prize for the next drawing. Please do not enter unless you are willing to offer your own prize, preferably not the prize you just won. Drawings should be open for entry approximately 2 weeks, and the next drawing should be posted as soon as possible to keep the Karma rolling.

These drawings are run by and for KiteLife members. The moderating team only ensures that your drawing post contains all of the pertinent information (drawing date/time, adequate prize description, drawing rules) before approval.

If you are a KiteLife forum member from the US or Canada, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber. Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost.

The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

Here is the link to the original Rules and Guidelines thread: http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5426-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

The mechanism for the drawing itself is entirely at the discretion of the person offering the prize. In the past, entry number has been determined either by order of entry or by the post number in which the member declares entry into the drawing. The drawings have been performed using the RNG method (http://www.random.org/sequences/) or by choosing the numbers out of a hat (I believe an adorable daughter did the picking in that scenario). The only requirement is that the method of selection is clearly spelled out in the drawing post.

Entry into the drawings is done by STARTING a post in the drawing thread with the entry phrase chosen by the drawing host (Traditionally "I'm in", but "I LIKE" has been used as well). In order to remove any confusion or misinterpretation, only entries with posts that START with the phrase will be considered. As with all other KiteLife drawings, bantering is encouraged. This is for fun after all.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2016 at 11:26 PM, DeafThunder said:

Looks very nice and is the wood waterproofed/resisted ? (preventing warp/bend) due to dew, rain and after rain on grass

I am "IN"

I have used mine numerous times last year in morning dew soaked grass and have not had any issues. That being said, the wood has 5 coats of hand rubbed friction based wax applied on the lathe. The same is true of the steel rods.  They are polished thru 600 grit sandpaper and 5 coats of wax applied. They are not chromed as I don't make enough to be cost effective for getting them chromed. I simply wipe them down after a day of flying and have not had any problems. 

T

• Like 4

Because I am new to posting on this type of drawing..... 

I will close the entries as follows :

1 -  Bumfish

2 -  DeafThunder 

3 -  John Barresi

4 -  edallsails 

5 -  jeepinjeepin

I will wait for moderator approval to close and will run the 5 numbers thru RNG with a winner posted later today. 

(if this is incorrect please let me know) 

Good luck and thank you for showing interest in this drawing! 

T

4 hours ago, T in WI said:

Because I am new to posting on this type of drawing..... 

I will close the entries as follows :

1 -  Bumfish

2 -  DeafThunder 

3 -  John Barresi

4 -  edallsails 

5 -  jeepinjeepin

I will wait for moderator approval to close and will run the 5 numbers thru RNG with a winner posted later today. 

(if this is incorrect please let me know) 

Good luck and thank you for showing interest in this drawing! 

T

This is your drawing, T. You're good to go when you want. 

RNG has been used for the 5 entered and the winner............. 

JB I will contact you shortly for shipping information. 

Thank you again for showing interest in this drawing. 

T

Screenshot_2016-03-13-15-13-23.png

• Like 1

Ohhhh yeah baby!!!!

I never win any drawings - so much so, that I am actually disallowed from even TOUCHING raffle tickets - TK has to handle all of them. lol

So cool, thanks Tim.

I'm flying back from Kite Party tomorrow, but look for a new Karma drawing in the next 2-3 days, pretty sure I can find something worthwhile. ;)

Regards all, better luck next time! lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Barresi said:

Okay, I'm unlocking this thread for a bit because these items really deserve some attention!

56f05192accd1_ImageUploadedByKiteLifeFor 56f051a62c82a_ImageUploadedByKiteLifeFor 56f051b184ba4_ImageUploadedByKiteLifeFor

I mean, WOW - so beautiful. :)

Did you make the pen too?

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Thank you for the compliment... Yes I make the pens too. 

T

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RobB said:

Wow, those are some nice pieces ! 

Any plans for making them available for public consumption ?

Want...  B)

Thanks RobB! 

I haven't thought about finding out what type of interest there is and I wish I had a source for chroming the stakes. Maybe I will keep my eyes open during warm weather and make some later in the year again. 

T

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, T in WI said:

Yes I make the pens too. 

Doubly honored, thank you. :)

With that, I'm re-closing this topic - again, @T in WI is the kind fellow who is responsible for this beautiful work... Hope to see more from him in the future, carry on good sir!

Now, everyone go get on the list for a new set of Revolution Green Race rods if you haven't already, and start throwing around some smack talk! ;)

• Like 1