KiteLife Forum

Stacking Ghost Deltas

Bumfish

I have several 7 ft G-Kite Ghost Deltas and would like to fly them from one ground anchor. That requires stacking them. How does one attach the second kite to the first? I see the loop on the back of each kite, but is that the proper place to attach the bridle line from the first?  Help!!

Edited by John Barresi
(moved topic from Karma drawing to Single Line area)

I haven't tried it yet, but was thinking about it. I was going to measure the spreader, and tie a 10' flying line at the center point to attach the second kite to. That's the plan at least... I'll get to trying it someday !

No! Do not use the loops on the back! They are only to prevent the spreader spar from bending too much and breaking, and does not have the strength to support a stack.

The simple way is to tie directly to your longeron (center spine), which may require puncturing your sail. Do so only after determining the point where the line of attack meets the spine: on a keeled delta, look down the line when flying to see where line would meet spine. On a non-keeled delta (flo-tail) with an adjustable bridle, best is to attach another adjustable bridle of the same size to the back of the kite using the same attachment points. You make the same size adjustments to the back bridle as the front, only in the opposite direction.

• Like 1