KiteLife Forum

Hey Y'all, it's time to let some go. We have twins due in September and not enough house for them and all my hobbies. I guess I'll give priority to the babies. Anyhow, these look like the ones that don't make the cut. 

Prism Tensor 3.1 has been flown once. Has dye marks on the back of the sail, apparently from the lines, but is 100% functional. $250

SOLD Prism Micron 5 Stack x2) As far as I can tell the sails are identical. One set has ripstop tails, the other has plastic tails. $175 each. $300 for the pair

Gomberg Super Sled (Yellow/Black), pennant tail, 2 transition tails, ITW 11' Squid,  200'x200# line and sand anchor, 2 spiral worms. $150

Prism Stylus 2.8) I don't remember if I've ever had this one up in the air. No lines  $75

HQ DeltaHawk, I've not flown this DeltaHawk yet. I was planning on stacking it with the other, but it never happened. No lines. $20 shipped with anything from above. 

Non-Smoking home, prices include CONUS shipping. I can take further pictures of anything that you are interested in and may even have time tonight to spread out them out. 

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Great news!

I was in your neighborhood yesterday & was thinking of you.  The wind was blowing nicely, wondered if you might be out flying.  Good to hear you'll have some flying partners soon.  Of course you'll be a master by the time they can take the lines.  Those are some great kites you are offering.  The Microns are some of my favorites.  The Stylus can be flown & enjoyed by all.  Everyone needs a lifter kite & the Hawk has a reputation all it's own.  But I must say anyone interested in flying a full on power kite should seriously consider the Tensor 3.1 if they are looking into heading in that direction.  It is highly recommended as the proper size to learn static flying with before going on to larger sails for traction type flying. Then the 3 meter size is still a good kite for higher wind days to pull your buggy or board.  It is an easy kite to fly & will definitely get your attention.  The Prism Tensor quality is very good & the kite bag is a great item on it's own.

Best wishes from our family to yours, SHBKF

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, John Barresi said:

Pretty sure you can add more photos in replies? Or just downsize the pics a bit, that should help both of us. ;)

I wish iPhone had a native way to reduce resolution. I've not found a simple editor I like yet. 

• Like 1

Hey JJ,

Congratulations ! I wish you all the energy in the world, you'll need it ! I've done a lot of cool, fun things in my life, but nothing compares to having kids. Best things ever (thing 1, thing 2, thing 3) ! But I am sure  glad mine didn't all come at the same time... good luck. :rolleyes:

I would like to hear a little more about your Super Sled, size of the tails especially... I'm a big fan of the Sled design, they work really well. I am surprised that they sent you 200# line for it, I've had a smaller Sled break heavier line... but the tails is what really makes it special. I assume the colors are all matching ?

Thanks !

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RobB said:

Hey JJ,

Congratulations ! I wish you all the energy in the world, you'll need it ! I've done a lot of cool, fun things in my life, but nothing compares to having kids. Best things ever (thing 1, thing 2, thing 3) ! But I am sure  glad mine didn't all come at the same time... good luck. :rolleyes:

I would like to hear a little more about your Super Sled, size of the tails especially... I'm a big fan of the Sled design, they work really well. I am surprised that they sent you 200# line for it, I've had a smaller Sled break heavier line... but the tails is what really makes it special. I assume the colors are all matching ?

Thanks !

Yeah, it's all black and yellow. Half way down the linked page there is a pic of purple, red, and yellow sleds with pennant tails. That's what my yellow one looks like. The transition tails are 24' that I flew as laundry up close to the top. 

https://www.gombergkites.com/e-stream.html#pen

@jeepinjeepin have you looked at tinypic ??? It's free you have to go online to register to it you can change resalution and size and it gives you a url to copy and paste into your message box ,there is an iOS app but I've not worked that out yet lol , if you look in other off topic I have a pic there under the heading "just testing something lol "

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

@jeepinjeepin have you looked at tinypic ??? It's free you have to go online to register to it you can change resalution and size and it gives you a url to copy and paste into your message box ,there is an iOS app but I've not worked that out yet lol , if you look in other off topic I have a pic there under the heading "just testing something lol "

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

On 4/28/2016 at 8:32 PM, jeepinjeepin said:

I wish iPhone had a native way to reduce resolution. I've not found a simple editor I like yet. 

On your PC, Microsoft Office Picture Manager, if you have the Office Suite. Simple and fast, save as duplicate, post as photo not as link, delete from PC.

Congrats on the twins -- they will be keeping you busy for a while!

Oh MY!! I finally got to pick these up and look at them. I must say, these are still crispy!!! One set came with a bit of sand. I got a good laugh over that. 

Pleasure doing business with you again. 

Thanks!!!

Good luck with the little ones!!! I'm sure you'll have a great time raising them. Kids are a blast!!

Thanks again!!