KiteLife Forum

Shook mesh rev kites?

tkrinor

Eliot will not duplicate a design you like unless it was yours already!,... man oh man I have seen some cool concepts implemented in spectacular fashion over the years also.  In Ocean City, MD for Mike/Maske festival there were 14 up in the air at once and another couple of dozen on the ground at any one time.  He literally beamed like a proud father.  I met his sister in-law and brother for dinner, they only knew he built kites but had no idea what was involved.  The next day they came out and were absolutely stunned!

You can ask for things you might not consider,... like a tighter leading edge sleeve, more like a speed series, very 3 dimensional over the curvature of the leading edge. So tight only one 1/4 inch diameter spar fits inside.  I get extra reinforcing patches and little belt-loop like covers sewn over the elastic knots at the bottom of the sail (so you don't snag a flying line when flailing).  Ever had a down spar "jump over the elastic knots"?  Well that motion can also be prevented with the sail knot coverage application to include another lock-down over the spar.

I've had p-90 travel frame members fitted to go along with the diamond tubes, also inserted Green race members for variable stiffness depending on the location along the leading edge.

A guy Mark something just acquired a couple of rainbow shook sails where he cut up fabric swatches into thin strips, pasted 'em into the window in position and then sent photographs to Eliot as guide.  Those kites demand attention like a poke int eye, we were drooling!

Discuss your challenge with the artist himself.  Get all the extra bits and pieces too, so you are never at a loss in the fun parade.  I recommend at least a set of sissy sticks, maybe even an alternative bridle so you can experiment with various design parameters to customize your wing even more.

-plm

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Number 200 was a very special one.  I got a chance to see Eliot work on it.  He makes it look easy.  He can make one pretty fast as long as people like me quit coming into the shop and bothering him.  LOL

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, tkrinor said:

how long did it take from the order to delivery?

It took him about 5-6 weeks on mine if I remember correctly. In the ballpark anyhow. Mine was #143.

He gambled on selling me a 135% mesh built to match my Zen's graphics, it was delivered moments after the best gal in the whole world relented once again!  She actually accused us of "setting her up over dinner" but significant evidence have since proven otherwise.

#100 and #200 are built specifically for Cath

• Like 1