KiteLife Forum

Karma- 3 single line kites (6/3/16)

zachprism01

This Karma drawing is for 3 single line kites (skydog kites 40" jet fighter, Into the breeze U.S.A. flag, and a New tech 14" circle kite) all 3 kites are brand new never flown. The packages might be sandy due to being in the same bag as other kites.

Also included is 1 year subscription to KiteLife!

The RNG will select the winner on June 3rd.
Enter with "I'm in" per the usual procedure.
Good luck everyone!

kite 3.jpg

Standard Karma Note from the Moderators

This is a Karma Drawing. The winner of the drawing is expected to pay it forward by offering their own prize for the next drawing. Please do not enter unless you are willing to offer your own prize, preferably not the prize you just won. Drawings should be open for entry approximately 2 weeks, and the next drawing should be posted as soon as possible to keep the Karma rolling.

These drawings are run by and for KiteLife forum members and DO NOT require a paid subscription to enter. The moderating team only ensures that your drawing post contains all of the pertinent information (drawing date/time, adequate prize description, drawing rules) before approval.

If you are a KiteLife forum member from the US or Canada, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber. Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost.

The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

Here is the link to the original Rules and Guidelines thread: http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5426-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

The mechanism for the drawing itself is entirely at the discretion of the person offering the prize. In the past, entry number has been determined either by order of entry or by the post number in which the member declares entry into the drawing. The drawings have been performed using the RNG method (http://www.random.org/sequences/) or by choosing the numbers out of a hat (I believe an adorable daughter did the picking in that scenario). The only requirement is that the method of selection is clearly spelled out in the drawing post.

Entry into the drawings is done by STARTING a post in the drawing thread with the entry phrase chosen by the drawing host (Traditionally "I'm in", but "I LIKE" has been used as well). In order to remove any confusion or misinterpretation, only entries with posts that START with the phrase will be considered. As with all other KiteLife drawings, bantering is encouraged. This is for fun after all.

• Like 4

I'm in!

I'm new, but I'd like to throw my hat in the ring this time!  The real kicker is the 1 year subscription.  That means the winner (if not already a subscriber) can get in on the other drawings too!  It could open you up for more winning!

However.... I'm lucky in love, so I don't win cool stuff like this.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tommy! It's a great way to pick up a kite or twelve realizing it's all about passing on good Karma - a little (what's that word the English guy used?) "banter" along the way keeps it amusing. Always friendly, it's also a great site with all kinds of resources! Many of the folks on here are super informative and willing to pass along tips. Blah Blah. Anyway, WELCOME

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikelp3586 said:

Can I be in? What's the requirements? Just willing to pay it forward?

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Yes, all you have to do is pay it forward. Must be something kite-related. If you win you will need to post an item fairly quickly, so have something in mind beforehand. All you need to do to play is say " I'm in ".

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this for a while, if I win (which I probably won't) that, being a newb, I might not have anything worth much to others (that I'm willing to part with)... is there any guidelines on price/value/etc.?  I don't want to win a rev, turn around and offer up a $2 kids kite (I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea).

• Like 1

On 6/1/2016 at 11:53 PM, Materdaddy said:

I've been thinking about this for a while, if I win (which I probably won't) that, being a newb, I might not have anything worth much to others (that I'm willing to part with)... is there any guidelines on price/value/etc.?  I don't want to win a rev, turn around and offer up a $2 kids kite (I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea).

It's like JB says.  Something related to kiting is the only rule.  Obviously Revs draw larger groups than other drawings, but we've had non kites draw some pretty large entries as well.  There is not a limit (high or low) on prize value.  Just check back through the old drawings and see if something inspires you.  All are welcome to enter, no subscription required.

• Like 2

Sorry it's so late folks, I was just busy with family stuff this morning. Getting ready for the drawing. So far we have

1-materdaddy

2-paramedic

3-jeepinjeepin

4-mikeklaiber

5-flight120

That's in order as to posting "I'm in" as the beginning of their post. I will enter that number range into the RNG and see what we get. I hope that's everyone.

Sent from my XT1254 using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

Well, here we go. This is what the RNG kicked out for us....

#1. 3- jeepinjeepin

#2. 1- materdaddy

#3. 5- flight120

#4. 2- paramedic

#5. 4- Mike Klaiber

IP: 71.197.220.136

Timestamp: 2016-06-04 23:45:32 UTC

So that makes the winner JeepinJeepin. Congrats and please PM me with your info so I can get these mailed off to you. I will also contact JB about the subscription and get that going for you as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 2