KiteLife Forum

NC Quad Clinic (Sep 10-11, 2016)

John Barresi

On 6/28/2016 at 8:00 PM, Lynn Pugh said:

It was really nice to meet Mike at ODSKC this past weekend.  Mike can attest to my ability to consistently crash a kite in the shortest time interval.  I am very excited about the clinic.   

Are there any B-Series kites that an enthusiastic newbie should get before they are all gone?

Call kite shops to see what is still available, or check on-line. Call Lolly at Revolution and ask what she has. The B-Series kites are a great design at a reasonable price. I don't know of anything that is comparable. I believe that Bazzer will still be making Pros, but they may not be called B-Pros anymore. I don't think the panel pattern will change, so although quite expensive . . . . 

• Like 1

Since I'll be driving to Atlantic  Beach I am bringing a shade canopy that provides about 6.5' x 6.8' shade and it only weighs about 4 lbs.  I also have a 7' x 9' beach blanket, a large cooler, 0.5 liter bottles of water and some lemon-lime Gatorade.  Hope some of you will help hike this stuff in.

My husband, Bill and I will arrive Thursday night so if anyone wants to hang out we will be at the Hilton Gardens and my number is 757 876-0050.

Believe me, you will be glad you have some shade to retreat to.  And some help up the hill and down the path.  Most of the local club members have some sort of wheeled cart to carry the necessities.

Right now, the heat is so high, we haven't flown in a couple of weeks.  Even the shade is hot.

We rented a beach house on emerald. I was going to fly that Sunday but it was hotter than hell and 0 wind so we took a trip to the shop and they were already back at like 10 lol said it was miserable out. So I pretty much flew outside of my place every night

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just signed up for the clinic.  Excited and nervous and ready to crash - and to fly. 

Just curious, anyone open to saving $$ by sharing accommodations?  I can swing it solo but would always rather buy new gear than spend more on a hotel.  I am a stable, happily married for 18 years, non-smoker.  While I polite in the morning you would not have to worry about an excess of morning cheeriness.  Just contact me if interested. 

See y'all soon. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, photomom said:

It's good to see that there are a couple of women in the clinic.  Sometimes it seems like kite flying is male dominated.  You go, girls!!!!!

When I was a kid I was a tomboy.  As an adult I worked in a male dominated profession.  Now as a senior citizen I like to hang out with the guys.  

• Like 1

Anyone getting in on Friday and want to fly? I am hoping to get in early afternoon and want to get used to some wind. Been hot and humid in Va with sparrow farts (sorry but a perfect description) as a breeze occasionally, suspending the sail for a moment before reverse gliding and recovering all the backward momentum. Hard to pull off anything else unless you run for it. Can not wait till the kite pulls on me a little for a change!

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app