KiteLife Forum

Peter Lynn

Mikelp3586

Yeh I have a few Peter Lynn kites. 3x Reactors, 2x F-arks, 2x Vipers and 9x Vapors in different sizes I use for buggying.

DSC_4290 (827x1024).jpg

vapor (681x1024).jpg

These shot were taken while on holidays in Queenland, Australia. I go there every Easter.

IMG_20150424_113022_311.jpg

• Like 2

Just fly your Hornet very much like a Rev kite. Hold it on the brakes so it doesn't "hot launch" straight to the top of the window. You tend to "superman" being pulled off your feet otherwise.  

If I launch in the centre of the window, holding it back with brakes only fly it up to about a wingspan and then turn it onto it's side and fly across the wind. If your using a buggy face the buggy at 45 degrees towards the kite and if it over powers you the buggy just rolls towards the kite. (I launch from a seated position in the buggy as I have a damaged leg. Nah not from buggying, it was from an encounter with a tiger snake. As it struck at me I tried to jump away and rolled my ankle and compressed my leg into my boot breaking my leg/foot in 15 places.  It had already bitten me by then.)

I'm in central Indiana. We haven't even had a wind to get a hot launch I wish we did! Lol just waiting for a good constant 10mph or so just seems Mother Nature knows I'm waiting so. But I get what your saying, I've seen many beginners face plant for that reason

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• 3 months later...